Corrupted file

Zillysilly

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I got my first corrupted file on my dod460.
This cam has worked well in a previous accident with big impact.

It wasn't even an accident this time around which caused the corrupt file but something flying into the hood and made a loud sound but didn't cause a dent or scratch.

I'm very disappointed that this camera has failed. All files previous and all files after saved and worked fine. The car never lost power or stopped.

Can anyone help me recover this footage?

Hey,

I can try to recover your video. Just upload the corrupted video and a reference video (valid file shot just before the corrupted one) to a file sharing service (e.g. Google Drive) and send me the link in a private message.

Just downloaded the files. The problem is corrupted file is recorded as a .MOV video. But the correct one as an .MP4 video.
These are two different video file formats. One can't be used as a reference to repair the other.
Are there any other valid .MOV files recorded with your dash cam? If yes, please send me one, so that I can use it as a reference.

After some research, I found out my dash camera records files in mov. but when i transfered it to my phone it converted the reference file to mp4 so the mov. Files are correct. Sorry for the confusion - I am really not very good with computers.:)

Thank you so so much Tom! So nice to see there are still good people in the World who will go out of there way for others.(y)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A DOD 3
M DOD 2
Back