Council Bluffs, Iowa I-80 SUV in a hurry

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many
Light snow, I'm doing the speed limit, and have traffic on my left side. Watch this SUV pass me using the closing lane, and shoulder...and come very close to the man changing the tire on the car on the shoulder with flashers.

Be careful! The impatient idiots are out there!

I am using a temporary tractor, and did not have time to put all my cams in. (Or at least the better ones)
The first video is from a B1w, mounted at the top center of the windshield.

This second video is from a DDPai Mini, which is mounted on top of the dash and used primarily as a 'parking' cam. (Power source is not switched, overhead power source I usually use for the dashcams is switched with ignition)

I never saw cases of drivers taking chances with last second lane changes, cut off or merges like I see today. Never saw this kind of thing 20 years ago. All the time now.

But this is sick ... if he did not make it. You and the driver in suv fully protected. The guy changing a tire isn't. Common sense and decency would have SUV driver merging behind you.

and they'd want to call it an 'accident'.................

This is why I get so enraged with careless, selfish, drivers

Justice system here is inconsistent with accidents and dealing with selfish drivers. I was pleased to see a 10 year sentence on a drunk driving charge that killed 4, but enraged that distracted driver who mounted the sidewalk killing a lady and her dog got nothing.

Open line in www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/11/21/not-guilty-verdict-for-driver-who-mounted-the-sidewalk-and-killed-pedestrian-on-dundas-st.html is "Bad driving, but not criminally bad driving."

Then back it up with some serious BAN from driving. YEARS, not a few months.. Special license plates. GPS trackers, etc Violate the conditions, automatic jail time.

My sister got hit by a drunk driver in '97. Before penalties became as severe as they are now. She was knocked out and the driver fled the scene. Fortunately two drivers in pickup trucks caught up to the DUI and other witnesses stopped and offered assistance to my sister in her Totalled brand new Pontiac sun fire. . (Small city Ontario, I wouldn't hold my breath for the same in Toronto.)

The driver spent a night in jail. I can't recall what minuscule sentence the driver when it went to court, but it was nothing. The owner of the vehicle, who got the best criminal lawyer in tow, who gave the "Unlicensed driver" the keys didn't even get a slap on the wrist.

So yeah, I want bans, but I wan't something done about justice system here.

Last edited:
Well, the drunks will be out tomorrow night.....I hope to be parked early.

:)

Sort of the same i saw with my last upload and the BMW overtaking me and the milk truck in front of me, and when he get back into our lane again there are just 1 second or so in between him and the oncoming car.

And with 2 cars going 80 km/h towards each other 1 second are cutting it wayyyyyy to close.
Actually i have a sneaky feeling the oncoming car had to brake, but its a guess and he dident flash his light, something i would have done vigorously if it was me that a that close encounter.

but I wan't something done about justice system here.

Ditto.

and they'd want to call it an 'accident'.................

This is why I get so enraged with careless, selfish, drivers
That's why I no longer call them "accidents" because they NOT accidental- they are almost always unintended crashes caused by someone's intentional and deliberate but wrongful actions. And though it takes all of my patience to remain calm, in my heart I am enraged too. Not only at the bad drivers but at all those who are supposed to be protecting us from such people, yet are doing their own tasks with equal poorness :mad: They are all complicit in causing the wrongness to continue, and that's not an accident either :eek:

Phil

According to the national highway traffic association (America), 37,461 people died in accidents in 2016. Out of those accidents, 10,497 were the result of drunk driving. Out of the drunk driving accidents, 7,052 (67%) had a BAC if .15 or higher.
One of the things that helps your local justice system is the degree of involvement with special interest groups. DUI’s should have a high conviction rate, but they are the most detailed and tedious trials next to a murder case.

https://www.responsibility.org/get-the-facts/research/statistics/drunk-driving-fatalities/

According to the local TV news, about half the DUI cases prosecuted here are lost due to errors in the handling of the case :( With a good lawyer in your pocket if one tiny thing wasn't done perfectly you can beat the system, and there are a lot of Lawyers here specializing in these cases who do just that :eek: And if all else fails you buy off the Judge which doesn't cost as much as you think :mad: You can even buy your way out of clear-cut cold-blooded murder charges if you spend enough money :confused: Welcome to the South where the "Good Old Boy" system is still intact so that the rich and powerful don't suffer the consequences of their deeds while the poor folks do :whistle:

Phil

Back