Couple of issues - missing video/time, won't save settings

DigitalxDream

Reaction score
Country
United States
Love this cam but recently found a couple of issues:
While looking for a traffic incident, i couldn't find the video anywhere, after looking closer and doing a 4h drive today, i saw that it records consistently then leaves out a time span + those videos. May have always been an issue and i may not have noticed until it missed a video that was important?

Cam won't save settings like the date/time, it must have at some point because the date/time is 1 day off, maybe from factory?

I upgraded firmware and was using a 128g card, now i'm going to try a 32g card since i'm going on a road trip soon, will see if 32g makes a difference.

Anyone else have these issues?

Hello DigitalxDream,
I once had the problem that there was a gap in the recording while driving. 9 minutes were missing. My loop time is set to 3 minutes.
I use a 64 GB card from Samsung and the power supply is via the supplied cable for the cigarette lighter.

Could your problem be a loose contact in the camera mount on the windshield. Maybe the camera wasn't inserted properly?

But if the camera does not save the settings, the capacitor inside could be defective.

Good luck with troubleshooting ....

Hello DigitalxDream,
I once had the problem that there was a gap in the recording while driving. 9 minutes were missing. My loop time is set to 3 minutes.
I use a 64 GB card from Samsung and the power supply is via the supplied cable for the cigarette lighter.

Could your problem be a loose contact in the camera mount on the windshield. Maybe the camera wasn't inserted properly?

But if the camera does not save the settings, the capacitor inside could be defective.

Good luck with troubleshooting ....
Hello autobahndriver.. Did you solve that annoying missing files matter? I have same problem.

Hello,
I only encountered the problem once and it was only by chance that I noticed it. When driving, the camera made the typical noises like when it was switched on or off - that's the only reason I noticed it.
I don't have a solution for this individual case. That problem did not occured again.

Hello,
I only encountered the problem once and it was only by chance that I noticed it. When driving, the camera made the typical noises like when it was switched on or off - that's the only reason I noticed it.
I don't have a solution for this individual case. That problem did not occured again.
ok, thanks to reply me. I also heard some "tik" noises from my 0906pro.

Back