Couple of questions about this camera (sd cards, rear camera)

test90

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hello,

I recently purchased an SGGCX2PRO dash cam and a 128GB SD card. I have yet to try the camera (the camera and sd card are still in transit) so keep that in mind.

1. Will this card work ? KINGSTON, MicroSDXC, 128GB, UHS-I Class 10
Im asking because after the purchase, i read on Street Guardian website that UHS-I might not work with the camera ... has anyone had any experiences with this type of card with this camera?

2. I know that i can add a rear camera but does it have to be a specific camera or can I add any kind of camera? The Street Guardian reseller in my country doesnt sell the rear camera for some reason ... will any work?

Thank you.
I apologize for any spelling mistakes, english is not my native tongue.

the Kingston card is not one that we've tested but it should be ok

won't work with any rear camera but will work with a couple of our models, if you have trouble to buy a rear camera locally let me know and I'll give you some other options

the Kingston card is not one that we've tested but it should be ok

won't work with any rear camera but will work with a couple of our models, if you have trouble to buy a rear camera locally let me know and I'll give you some other options

Thank you for the quick reply.

I've searched for the rear camera locally but wasnt able to find it. I could always buy it from your main website as long as the shipping costs are not too high (if you ship internationally of course).

If not, are there any other alternatives?

you can buy elsewhere within the EU which may be a better option for shipping and tax reasons

you can buy elsewhere within the EU which may be a better option for shipping and tax reasons

Good point. I'll look into that.

I do find it strange that the rear cam is not sold here ...

The only rear camera sold is included with the SG9663DC PRO but that a bit over my budget

Thank you.

So i've received the camera and already recorded several hours with it.

So far its far above anything ive had until this day so ... im happy with it. It worked flawlessly throughout the day and the recording quality is really good.

Now, if I wanted some more mounting tape, where can i get it?

I must admit, it took me almost 2 hours mounting it. Nothing to fault the camera or the various accessories that come with it or the included instructions, its my OCD and I cant stand it being tilted or anything like that so I had to install it once, remove it and install it again thus using one of the spare "tapes" that come with it.

I failed to notice that due to the high field of view, it captures a corner of the plastic cover for the various sensors the car has stuck on the windshield. I will have to move it AGAIN thus using the last tape.

I know, i kinda failed at this hard heh.
I dont plan to move it again in the future but who knows, in a couple years time i might change the car ...

So, is there a way to get more mounting tape?

The sellers of SG products are often helpful with spare mounting tape, so i would contact the guys where you got the camera from.

I dont plan to move it again in the future but who knows, in a couple years time i might change the car ...

So, is there a way to get more mounting tape?
if you need more tape in the future just ask, we regularly send tape out to people that have changed cars (or windscreens), some up to 5 years later

Back