COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did he get the medals if not?

What civvies don't understand is that if you stay enlisted long enough and go to enough places you'll have a chest full of bars and a few medals when you finally do muster out. My Dad had enough 'bars' to cover two large smartphones and 5 'medals' too although he did only one notewworthy thing in his entire military career, and he was never even near any combat nor did he ever become a commissioned officer. He started in WW2 where he got bars for Wartime service, Pacific deployment, and one more I can't recall all within the 8 months he served before the war ended just for operating a radio on a base in the Aleutian islands. Military folk know this, and also know which bars and medals have more meaning. It's mostly something for show, but it can mean a lot more depending on what it is :)

Trump is a high-order megalomaniac by even the tightest standards of definition you use. All politicians have that to some degree. Trump also prefers sycophants even if they aren't qualified for the job over a competent person who he doesn't like. One could even go so far as to say he's delusional with their being a large amount of evidence to prove that with. Fauci is a no-BS kind of professional who has enough character and oratory skills to say what is right without directly 'attacking' those with different opinions. Once Fauci got publicity it was clear he was popular so Trump put up with him to 'ride along' on that, but when Fauci's statements and predictions were coming true while Trump's weren't Fauci had to go. But if Trump just fired him like he does everyone else that would have been noticed, with a corresponding public drop in Trump's approval because Fauci is a winner and Trump isn't. Plus as long as Fauci is under Trumps thumb he can be regulated- kept out of the media spotlight- which you can't do with someone you've fired. Political tactics, that's all, because that's all Trump has left in his pocket to use anymore. Deep inside he may know he's done for- or maybe his delusion prevents that. Fauci, being a real professional, did what he was told to do but the media sought him out and apparently he wasn't restricted from them speaking out or perhaps he decided to 'push' things. Either way it's clear to everyone (except Trump) that the man has his act together and has done/is doing the right things for the right reasons for the good of the people with no other motivations hidden away anywhere. If Fauci ran for President he'd win by a landslide, but I don't think he's qualified and he has shown no inclination to do that. Besides, he's too morally 'clean' to be involved with politics :cool:

Something to remember is that any US President is also the Commander-in-Chief of all the US Military branches and forces, and that part of becoming a Commissioned Officer is your agreement to be recalled to duty forever should that be needed, unlike enlisted personnel who have a time limit for being recalled. So there's an implied threat to this Admiral, for if Trump ordered it he could be sent to kitchen duty peeling potatoes in the most God-forsaken place the Navy can station somebody and he would have to comply or he'd lose all his Military benefits completely. And with an Admiral's rank those benefits are huge so he wouldn't risk their loss. That's the 'political' side of Military life and Trump knows politics regardless of what else he knows or doesn't know :cautious: This guy might have some qualifications for the job- I don't know- as the Navy does have it's own Medical Corps and he may have experience managing that arm, or he could actually be a qualified Doctor. Whichever and regardless, he will do what he's told to do because he's Military and that's how the US Military works. "Non sibi sed Patriae" (y)

Phil

He started in WW2 where he got bars for Wartime service, Pacific deployment, and one more I can't recall all within the 8 months he served before the war ended just for operating a radio on a base in the Aleutian islands.
There had been some action there, the "Forgotten Battle":
On August 15, 1943, an invasion force landed on Kiska (Aleutian islands) in the wake of a sustained three-week barrage, only to discover that the Japanese had withdrawn from the island on July 29.

Seems the USA is in trouble with the Japanese again after being spotted holding a covid-19 party:
United States military personnel on the virus free Japanese island of Okinawa are on virtual lockdown after almost 100 cases of coronavirus have emerged on several US Marine Corps bases there.

Last edited:
Unfortunately our folks do not behave well on Okinawa which has led to Japan making it clear that we are unwanted there many years ago :cry: It is a very strained relationship indeed, and that does not have to be this way but it is :cautious:

There was some action in the Aleutians, and Japan actually did cause some fighting there by taking over some US claimed islands. But my Dad wasn't near there although at the time nobody knew how far the Japanese planned to go, so that same as always there is no completely safe place in any war :( I no longer have Dad's medals or bars, and nobody else in the family wanted them so they were given away to a collector. There is a rich Military history in my family including my half-Brother who was awarded the Navy Cross posthumously for his heroic actions at Khe Sanh firebase in VietNam. The only higher commendation a US Marine can attain is the Congressional Medal of Honor. I personally never served although I would have, but I cannot pass a standard color-vision test so I would not have had the opportunity to serve in the field of electronics and communications, yet I can still correctly identify every wire in a 64 conductor bundle regardless of who manufactures it. That doesn't matter with the Military- you either pass the test or you don't. Had I been given the chance I would have been in deep at the early development stage of personal computers and i would likely be filthy rich right now with the training i would have gotten taken into civilian life afterward. Such is the story of my life :rolleyes:

Phil

That danish COP show on TV, the Danish guy being a cop outside Detroit, well he could not become a cop over here due to color blindness, apparently thats not a issue in the US or where he serve now.
Notice wrote serve Cops ( and many others ) dont work in my book they serve, and working and serving are two completely different things in my book.
And i respect people that serve me, and i get utterly POed when they say they work for me, instant loss of faith on my part.

The USA is pushing ahead with the USA developed Moderna vaccine:
Volunteers got a shot in the arm on day 1 followed by a booster shot four weeks later. At the 100-microgram dose, the one Moderna is advancing into larger trials, all 15 patients experienced side effects, including fatigue, chills, headache, muscle pain, and pain at the site of injection. All side effects were considered mild or moderate.
“It certainly is a good beginning,” said Betty Diamond, director at the Feinstein Institutes for Medical Research, who was not involved in the trial. “There are certainly lots of things we don’t know yet right now.”
Twelve hours after receiving his second dose, he developed a fever of more than 103 degrees, sought medical attention, and, after being released from an urgent care facility, fainted in his home. He recovered within a day.

That is a good beginning? :confused:

Meanwhile, USA is thinking about testing the Oxford vaccine in a virtual trial: :unsure:o_O
“This initiative includes an expansive subject study, which is expected to begin enrolling participants this summer and will leverage IQVIA’s Virtual Trial solutions

Good thing we are not depending on the USA for testing!

I think everything will get tested here, for unlike most places the US doesn't have a single healthcare system but hundreds of individual ones. As long as the testing is done with FDA approval (which they will get unless a significant safety issue is found) someone here is going to try it as a possible alternative to whatever the government is promoting. Especially now with everyone knowing how poorly Trump has handled things, we are not going to tolerate being limited to one single vaccine unless it can be clearly proven that it alone is effective while all the others are not. And if Trump or the Federal government tries to restrict us otherwise all Hades will break loose here and I'm sure they know it :cautious:

American citizens are tired of all the BS, and all we want is as quick and as effective end to Covid-19 and it's problems as we can get :cool:

Phil

The name for the Danish vaccine ( well working name anyhow ) is CoVAXIX

Danes / Germans and Slovenian are also working on a much more effective treatment, one that should also work on other virusses known and unknown, it basically is like covering the virus in goo so its receptors cant grab hold to anything.
The normal vaccines are just targeting 1 receptor on the virus, and if that change / mutate it is a major problem, the other approach block all receptors on any virus.

Today 70% of all know viruses have no cure. That will change,,,,, but not just yet, but future pandemics might be much less of a problem.

Last edited:
it basically is like covering the virus in goo so its receptors cant grab hold to anything.
I worry what else it may cover in goo, possibly some useful/essential things?
There will be a reason our immune system does not already do this!

Yeah you cant just pump people fill of nano silicone, we god plenty of receptors that do need to connect / interact with useful stuff.
So i am not sure how they will get this "mantle" to block just virus receptors, but thats why i dont drive a luxury car and have a huge house and one almost as big in Spain.

Trump diverts the testing data away from Fauci's department into a Trump controlled black hole where it will not be publicly visible:

The US foreign minister visit Denmark in a few days, and since he also want to talk the Arctic representatives from our friends up there will also be at that part of the meeting.
He might also be here to buy up every sample of a possible Danish vaccine to corona, so there are nothing for us or the rest of the world.

More megalomania from Trump wanting to control everything, but really, did you expect anything different? :cautious: I do hope Denmark has enough sense to protect itself from our Foreign Minister by tightly quarantining him and his entire entourage for 14 days to protect themselves from the Trump-virus :ROFLMAO:

Phil

Last edited:
Holding tank in glass going up as i type, Pompeo will get a feel of that HC Andersen fairy tail about the emperors new clothe

PS. Mike look as if he should have been in some Fletnix series about some Italian gangster

I do hope Denmark has enough sense to protect itself from our Foreign Minister by tightly quarantining him and his entire entourage for 14 days to protect themselves from the Trump-virus :ROFLMAO:
He will have to escape from the UK first before they can have him!

Not sure why he is coming here first, must be a reason?

Not sure why he is coming here first, must be a reason?

To spread the "gospel" of Trump of course o_O And maybe to spread the virus around too :( After all, it's rather greedy not to share with your friends :ROFLMAO::eek:

Phil

To spread the "gospel" of Trump of course o_O And maybe to spread the virus around too :( After all, it's rather greedy not to share with your friends :ROFLMAO::eek:

Phil
Pompeo is affiliated with the Evangelical Presbyterian Church. Pompeo served as a local church deacon from 2007 to 2009 and taught Sunday school.

In 2014, Pompeo told a church group that Christians needed to "know that Jesus Christ as our savior is truly the only solution for our world". In 2015 in a talk at a church, Pompeo said that "politics is a never-ending struggle ... until the Rapture."
I don't think those views will go down well here, especially as a way of fighting the virus!

I think we have already moved on and are preparing for Biden, unless we can get some remarkable trade deal out of the Trump administration before he gets thrown out of office ... then again, what is the price of a safe, tested and working vaccine to a desperate president...

Maybe to rope in the British to lean on their old enemy the Danes, so the US can pick up Greenland cheap, and give the British a rebate on their next arms buy, probably less than what Apple pay in tax in Ireland ( 0.005 % )

Man Apple are screwing over a lot of people, not least Americans i assume.

This week is the week where the rich and entitled people party at Skagen ( the very top of Jutland )

And for some reason regular people look on as these tax evaders and other nasties gobble up expensive wine and oysters and dance on the tables.

imagescaler

imagescaler

O and the police are there too.
But what can you do it is the people you work for,,,,,, not the onlookers of course they are lower ranked in the eyes of the police, regular folk's as we call them.

imagescaler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back