COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think getting a permit to use a vaccine in the US are something else then in Denmark, CUZ if you kill someone with a vaccine in the US it is going to be expensive, where is in Denmark if you are lucky you will get a " we are sorry in our rush to protect you and everyone you care for we we too fast approving this vaccine"

A few weeks ago there was a anti corona demonstration here, and a woman got up and said " are you ready to go trash the town,,,,, in a none violent way",,,,, she just got a 2 year prison sentence for saying that, double as it is according to a temporary corona law made to give double sentences for stealing supplies like face masks ASO
In none corona times she would just have been given a 1 year sentence,,,,,, which is a lie cuz people have said worse than that and gotten no sentence at all, but times have changed now.

TBH i am amazed the town ( Copenhagen ) was not trashed this weekend, but i suspect the permit to have such a demonstration legally have not been issued, and Danes are so whipped they care about such things.

The public attorney have taken some flack over this, claiming " people should know we just do our job"
But i am sure people want them to know that claiming to "just do your job" are not a end all excuse,,,,,,, thats what the Nazis did for Christ sake.

The UK have now vaccinated almost 24 million doses over some months now. I don't know the % but AZ is by far the most available due to storage requirements.

My feeling is that if it had a problem we'd know by now.

On the positive side, data is showing AZ to be slightly more effective than PB so it does work.

Well going public with possible side effects like that, well it do no good at all for the anti vaxxers out there, or the people who wear tin foil hats.
UK government could be putting a lid on any possible issues for the good of the people ?

Well going public with possible side effects like that, well it do no good at all for the anti vaxxers out there, or the people who wear tin foil hats.
UK government could be putting a lid on any possible issues for the good of the people ?
The UK government would never get away with any suppressing of information given how vociferous the UK tabloid papers are.

Lets hope so, politicians should be deadly afraid of the press, if they are not the press are not working.

Lets hope so, politicians should be deadly afraid of the press, if they are not the press are not working.
unfortunately that is the situation which has left large media groups to dictate the narrative, the Murdoch media in particular have an agenda and manipulate things the way they see fit

If i was a politician i would never go into a room before i had checked the content of any basement below it.

The UK have now vaccinated almost 24 million doses over some months now. I don't know the % but AZ is by far the most available due to storage requirements.

My feeling is that if it had a problem we'd know by now.

On the positive side, data is showing AZ to be slightly more effective than PB so it does work.
Clearly the vaccine saves lives overall, even if there is an unlikely and unproven possibility that it kills small numbers, the more people that have it the better; although it looks like you don't need to get anywhere near 100% or need 2 doses to get numbers right down:

45.4% of the 18+ UK population have had the first dose, 50.5% here in the South West.
Excess deaths are back in the normal range.
Numbers of new infections have stopped dropping, I guess because there are almost no new infections left, just picking up people who were infected weeks ago now.
New records being set for testing, 1,614,145 on Friday, more than any other country (of any size), so we would expect detected infections to be increasing if there were any new ones to detect!
Hospital patients down 78%, new hospital admissions down 87%.

Empty hospitals is good news, because:

Sound like Ireland will also put the AZ vaccine on standby, though it did not sound as if they had their own cases of side effects turning mortal.

The reaction here are pretty as expected, they closed down hard, and poured billions out left and right in a effort to save jobs and make as few as possible die, and be successful in this to a degree where fewer have died this winter than ever before.
So they cant well stand up and say well if a few die the majority will still reap the benefits of the AZ vaccine, at least not when the MO have been save all no matter the cost.

So far only 10% of Danes have gotten 1 or 2 shots.
But as elsewhere daily deaths + # of people on ventilator and just in hospital in general are dropping off, to numbers where hospital staff dont even complain about opening up for more things.

Today's numbers are:

# new infected 541 - 220.459 in total - 217 in hospital and of those 39 in ICU where 25 are on ventilator, the infection rate are down to 0.28 so way below where 1 guy infect another guy or even more.
Throughout it all 209.602 have been declared cured / healthy again, So ATM thats about 11.000 Danes down with the stuff.

Last edited:
There have now been at least 12 countries that have suspended their AstraZeneca vaccine programs, including Denmark, Norway, Italy, Austria, Iceland, Bulgaria, Thailand, Estonia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, and Latvia. The twelfth nation is said to be Caspiar.:giggle:

The issue with the AZ vaccine seems to be about a specific batch that was delivered to 17 countries.

Yeah they probably keep the good stuff for them self, and then send what ever the sweep up from the floor to everyone else :)

Also just found out the British guy that scammed 12 billion DKkr out of the Danish people lately, well it seem already in 2005 the German Deutsche bank was involved with the same, with banks like that in your neighbor country, who need enemies.
And our American friends spying on us with the tools we gratefully loaned them,,,,,,, :rolleyes:

Worst part for stealing 12 billion, the guy probably get less then 5 years in prison here, so 2 billion a year......... disgrace and i can only hope other criminals in jail will give him what he deserve.

Do we know where that batch was produced ?

Yeah, Deutsche bank seems to basically be a criminal enterprise at this point. Every time there's some sort of major zillion dollar international crime or money laundering operation exposed the name Deutsche bank seem to come up. It was the only bank that would lend to Donald Trump and when they were ordered to provide his tax returns they suddenly claimed they were missing.

Last edited:
I did wonder how come a batch, which i assume are mot humongous was split between 17 countries, even if we are shopping vaccines in the EU mega store.

I did wonder how come a batch, which i assume are mot humongous was split between 17 countries, even if we are shopping vaccines in the EU mega store.
It was a million doses, nice size for one country, not going to go far split 17 ways!

Now Norway is suggesting that AZ is not suitable for the under 50s:

Over-supplied' US faces pressure to send Covid vaccine doses to less wealthy countries

That's a very misleading article! Regardless of how many doses the US has ordered, most of those doses have not even been manufactured yet. With a population of over 330,000,000 people in the US there are many locations that do not currently have enough supply to meet the demand for vaccinations. Where I live is a typical example. The scheduling for vaccines is based on how many doses can be delivered to our state each week. We would be administering more vaccinations per day if they were available. This fact is the reason that vaccinations are being limited to certain vulnerable populations for now with a plan to begin making the vaccines available to everyone starting in May or June.

The reporter is either incompetent or has an intentional propaganda agenda. She didn't happen to mention that the very source material she cites in her article states that "The new J&J doses....are expected to be delivered in the latter half of the year." It also mentions other vaccines being delivered "by the end of July".

Information that this article is based that was also not mentioned in the reporting says, "Biden did move to have the U.S. contribute financially to the United Nations and World Health Organization-backed COVAX alliance, which will help share vaccine with more than 90 countries with lower and middle-income nations, but it has yet to commit to sharing any doses. Biden told reporters that "if we have a surplus, we're going to share it with the rest of the world."

So, the article is basically a hit piece, beginning with the headline that uses the provocative but false term "Over-supplied"

The situation with the bad batch of AstaZeneca vaccines causing many countries to stop administering it is an example of why a huge nation like the US would simultaneously order larger quantities of vaccines from multiple manufacturers. Any excess doses that eventually may become available can be donated to others if and when they become available. If and when an actual "over-supply" occurs it would not be for some time, perhaps towards the end of the year.

The reporter is either incompetent or has an intentional propaganda agenda

Highly likely in this day and age. :cry:

I am sure that IF the US have any supply on shelves, well they could take it and use it in under a day,,,,,,, and i would not call that over supply.

Now it if took a week or two to empty those shelves,,,,, then yes i would call that over supplied to some extent, but only really it if it never got used.

The real issue is if it reaches its use by date before it gets used, and some of it should be getting close to that now. Do you then throw it away, or give it to someone who will make use of it before it gets to the expiry date? Also, it is probably losing effectiveness over time, so lending some to the EU and getting fresh stock back would probably be a good move for the USA!

Given the worrying rise in percentage positive tests in the USA, it would be sensible to speed up the approval! There is plenty of data from around the world which should completely override the data from a hundred odd infections in the official USA test!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back