COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the latest version of the three musketeers, they have been reprimanded for beating the cardinals men with 4 - 40 odds.
New clothes and a wallet of gold,,,,,, o and dont do that again, less the cardinal run out of men :)

Lesson = #1 look out for #1 but also #2 and #3 as they are the immediate suitors for the #1 spot.

Dr. Fauci once turned me into a newt,,,,,,, a witch i tell you WITCH.

Watching the latest version of the three musketeers, they have been reprimanded for beating the cardinals men with 4 - 40 odds.
New clothes and a wallet of gold,,,,,, o and dont do that again, less the cardinal run out of men :)

Lesson = #1 look out for #1 but also #2 and #3 as they are the immediate suitors for the #1 spot.

Dr. Fauci once turned me into a newt,,,,,,, a witch i tell you WITCH.
It is very interesting that you mention that. There are reports coming out that the AstraZeneca COVID vaccine is turning a small percentage of patients into frogs! Well, they look like frogs at least - green slimy skin, huge protruding eyeballs, webbed fingers. It happens very suddenly during the waiting period after the jab when people are being observed for adverse reactions! Not a pretty sight! frog.gif

P.S. I received my first dose of the Moderna vaccine Tuesday. Things went well. It was 100% painless but my arm was pretty sore the next day and I felt just slightly achy all in all. I was glad for the reaction because it let me know my immune system was responding. No frog reaction or webbed fingers thankfully. :)

Last edited:
P.S. I received my first dose of the Moderna vaccine Tuesday. Things went well. It was 100% painless but my arm was pretty sore the next day and I felt just slightly achy all in all. I was glad for the reaction because it let me know my immune system was responding. No frog reaction or webbed fingers thankfully. :)
that's good news, some reports here about the AZ vaccine seem to suggest days 4 to 20 are when problems may occur, not sure why it happens in this time period but it's been in the news here recently

Last edited:
My arm was a tiny bit sore at the injection site for 2 days with the Moderna jab, nothing else. 3 more weeks till the final jab.

Phil

that's good new, some reports here about the AZ vaccine seem to suggest days 4 to 20 are when problems may occur, not sure why it happens in this time period but it's been in the news here recently

I was informed that I can expect a much stronger reaction to the second dose than the first; more like a mild flu for a day or so with possible tiredness, headache, muscle pain, chills, fever and nausea. That's fine by me. 94% efficacy is remarkable compared to say, the average influenza vaccination.

Speaking of reactions to the vaccine, I found there was a sense of excitement about being among the first class of human beings to receive mRNA technology, as we as a species are on the cusp of something that will likely change the face of modern medicine in regard to how certain diseases are treated including some forms of cancer!!

Yeah the development of these vaccines seems to have spurred some possible progress for other disease treatments in new directions, silver lining to this madness we've been putting up with perhaps

The mRNA approach is rather novel, and I do trust this instance to go well. But I also worry if we're wise enough to wield too much power.

Phil

Also, I love that Ugur Sahin and Özlem Türeci, the married Turkish immigrant couple in Germany with a background in immunotherapy research who founded BioNTech to research mRNA-based treatments for cancer ended up creating the Pfizer vaccine.

They are multi-billionaires but they live in a modest apartment with their daughter and bicycle to work every day. I read an interview with them where they described being at home when they first got the news that the vaccine they created not only worked but that it had such amazing efficacy. They called their daughter into the room when they read the news and they all ended up crying and hugging. Not the usual image that one has of billionaire pharmaceutical executives.

Last edited:
The U.S. is now administering more than 3 million COVID vaccinations per day, up from 2 million about three weeks ago. Seems we are on target to increase to 4 million inoculations per day soon. Quite a turnaround from the Trump administration when we couldn't even get a covid test working and scalable for 2 months! The big issue right now is a spike in infections among younger people due to the now dominant and widespread prevalence of the British B.1.1.7 coronavirus variant, combined with previous prioritization of vaccinating older citizens, health care workers, etc. Thanks to increasing vaccine supplies and availability many locations are opening vaccinations to anyone 16 years old and up so hopefully that will bring the infection rate down in younger populations. Here in Vermont supplies have reached the point where vaccines will be offered to out-of-state college students and second homeowners. People from adjacent states may be vaccinated as well! Some of the adjacent staters are the out-of-state college students anyway.

Last edited:
Should have included the deaths!

I agree, that would have given a good comparison with the current data that includes this data.

PB are upping ( 2 X ) the vaccines we Danes get, and in the forecast are only a tiny blip of J&J vaccine, so if the system are right me with my YOB will probably get shot up with the PB vaccine in the weeks to come., though there also is a chance for Modena or the J&J vaccine in weeks 16 and 17.
AZ are olso in the chart but it is not yet cleared for use again.

Chart of what numbers we have gotten / expect to get weekly in the weeks to come ( uge = week )
bottom chart = expected weekly deliverance's / long term of all brands of vaccines.

vaccine prognosis.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back