COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A nurse told me... The vaccination creates antibodies that last 6 months.

That appears to mean that booster shots will be needed unless covid-19 is killed off completely.
The nurse needs to update what she's telling people. Current information from Pfizer says 'mRNA vaccine shows that strong immunization persists for at least 6 months among vaccinated individuals' - and research has shown Moderna “antibody activity remained high” through six months after the second dose in all age groups.

Every indication is the protection lasts much longer than 6 months but there's little to no real world data to support that because nobody's been vaccinated for longer periods.

Every indication is the protection lasts much longer than 6 months but there's little to no real world data to support that because nobody's been vaccinated for longer periods.
Based on Oxford’s experience with SARS Cov-1, it should last 18 years plus, and there doesn’t seem to be any evidence to suggest it won’t.

A nurse told me if you had covid-19 your antibodies only last 90 days. The vaccination creates antibodies that last 6 months.
You don’t loose protection on the day the test no longer detects antibodies, very few people have got reinfected even a year after their first infection, and I’ve not heard of anyone being hospitalised.

Chance are i could get shot up with the J&J by the end of the month, and TBH i would prefer 1 jab VS 2 jabs.
1 jab appears less effective. And 1 jab of J&J appears to be no more effective than 1 jab of AZ after 8 weeks. I think they are both effective enough as a single jab though.

The US Pentagon has funded the development a blood filter for a dialysis machine that removes virtually all of SARS Cov-2 virus from the bloodstream. Patients on the brink of death have been rapidly brought back to health and gone on to make full recoveries within a few days time! The FDA has approved it for emergency use. So far it has been used to treat nearly 300 critically ill patients.

The US Pentagon has funded the development a blood filter for a dialysis machine that removes virtually all of SARS Cov-2 virus from the bloodstream. Patients on the brink of death have been rapidly brought back to health and gone on to make full recoveries within a few days time! The FDA has approved it for emergency use. So far it has been used to treat nearly 300 critically ill patients.

That sounds a lot more impressive than the results they got from using ventilators.

That sounds a lot more impressive than the results they got from using ventilators.

The US military does a lot of fascinating and worthwhile medical research behind the scenes. For example, BARDA (Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority) and DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) funded and worked with AstraZeneca to support phase 1 clinical development of a monoclonal antibody combination therapy for use against COVID-19. Both agencies have had a hand in early development of viral RNA/DNA vaccine research and have contributed to the fast development of COVID vaccines. Numerous other health care technologies are in the works, some public and some classified. Both agencies have been working on pandemic response and bio-terrorism defence since long before COVID.

While generally geared towards military purposes much public benefit has come from their research. The Internet for example was a DARPA project, as well as numerous essential advanced and seminal technological achievements that made possible today’s computer speech recognition, touch-screen displays, accelerometers, and wireless capabilities that are in today's smartphones and tablets. They also basically invented Google Maps, the Atlas and Big Dog robots, stealth aircraft, GPS and the TOR private browser among other everyday tech we are all familiar with. Maybe viral blood filters in hospitals will become routine and affordable everyday technology too!

How a secretive Pentagon agency seeded the ground for a rapid coronavirus cure

This is from nearly a year ago.
darpa_barda.jpg

Last edited:
I love DARPA.
As much as i love others pushing the limits.

The vaccine here currently in phase 1 testing in Holland, it come this far with no government grants,,,,,,, of course due to a mistake by government, everyone else get tonnes of money.

Top official admits China's COVID-19 vaccines have low efficacy

"China's vaccines "don't have very high protection rates," Gao Fu, the director of China's Centers for Disease Control, said at a conference Saturday in the southwestern city of Chengdu.

Beijing has distributed hundreds of millions of doses abroad while trying to promote doubt about the effectiveness of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine made using the previously experimental messenger RNA, or mRNA, process.

The effectiveness of a Sinovac vaccine at preventing symptomatic infections was found to be as low as 50.4 per cent by researchers in Brazil, near the 50 per cent threshold at which health experts say a vaccine is useful. By comparison, the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine has been found to be 97 per cent effective."

Last edited:
The Danish covaxix vaccine will not be ready before 2023, and thats assuming it sail thru testing, but it is still a valid learning experience that could easy find use elsewhere or if modified vaccines will be needed in the future.
Arrival of the J&J vaccine have been moved up one week here.

I found this commentary. It explains how some people feel about the virus and our future.

170541533_10215269082480124_6900221445903752807_n.jpg

Well the danger is there as the elite must have seen that "this" dont really effect us, actually be can make a financial killing on it.
So it is not those guys that will stop government if they go into panic mode again in the future, and as we know the little guys, well after they have made their X on election day then they are "wrapped in a inline helical plane around an axis" as a nerdy TV figure so eloquently put it once.

And i have a sneaky feeling decision makers have gotten the idea that in the future this will repeat very often.

I found this commentary. It explains how some people feel about the virus and our future.

View attachment 56204

Sounds like more conspiracy theorizing to me.

Sure, governments, political interests, corporations and certain powers that be will take advantage as they always have but the entire recorded history of human civilization is a history of infectious diseases ranging from the first pandemic in 430 B.C. Athens during the Peloponnesian War to numerous plagues, epidemics, and outbreaks including the Black Death, Leprosy, smallpox, Cholera, measles, Ebola, Tuberculosis, waves of influenza pandemics across the globe, polio, HIV, SARS, COVID-19, etc., etc. One way or another these scourges come to an end whether by natural means or with the help of human intervention.

COVID-19 too will end. Like pandemics before it, it will change society in certain ways but civilization will return to the business at hand and continue to march forward.

At the same time, we are at a possible inflection point and paradigm shift in human development where we may have the technology at hand to end all pandemics forever or at least to have the ability to nip them in the bud.

Some of this was referred to in the links I provided above if anyone bothered to read them but the programs that the Pentagon and advanced technology agencies of the US government who have engaged in projects that helped combat COVID-19 are working on a related project that may well completely end pandemics in the future. And that very research is directly related to the groundbreaking messenger RNA research that led to the creation of the Pfizer/BioNtech and Moderna vaccines along with modified DNA, RNA and other genetic manipulation techniques. And this all really goes back to the 30 years of work by Dr. Katalin Karikó and Drew Weissman for their research on mRNA that I think will bring them a Nobel Prize in Chemistry (although the Pentagon seems to be trying to take credit for it to some degree.)

Military programs aiming to end pandemics forever

Bill Whitaker reports on the Pentagon projects that helped combat COVID-19 and may help end pandemics forever.

Last edited:
I had ny first shot with the Moderna vaccine 2 weeks ago.
I had no side effects or discomfort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J&J will not send vaccine to EU ATM due to the problems under investigation in the US.
I respect that.

J&J will not send vaccine to EU ATM due to the problems under investigation in the US.
I respect that.
Yes, but "The EU ordered 200 million doses of the J&J vaccine in 2021", so that is another 200 million vaccine doses that the EU desperately needs and wont be getting because of the way it treated Astrazeneca.

It is right to be cautious, but this is the result of just 1 death and 5 illnesses, which may or may not be connected with the vaccine, meanwhile thousands of people are dying of covid.

It was Gouveia e Melo who reported on the ‘adverse reactions’, saying that 81.1% related to Pfizer (which has seen 1.4 million doses administered in Portugal so far); 4% to Moderna and ‘around 15%’ to AstraZeneca. That 15% related to 535 reported cases, he said – only one of these having been a blood clot.

So far it appears that the rare blood clot issues that are appearing in the AstraZeneca and J&J vaccines are due to a specific antibody response in some people. Interestingly, both the J&J and AstraZeneca vaccines use an adenovirus, (a cold virus) to carry the spike gene into the body. Johnson & Johnson uses a human adenovirus to create its vaccine, while AstraZeneca uses a chimpanzee version. The Pfizer/BioNtech and Moderna vaccines use mRNA genetic material to activate immunity to the SARS Cov-2 virus and this doesn't appear to generate an immune response that causes platelet clumping like the AZ and J&J vector.

I think the EU still want it and the J&J are also approved, it is J&J them self that have put a pause on the deliverance's.

I am not sure if it will continue to be used in the US in spite of the very few unfortunate cases, which if detected now seem quite manageable in regard to what to do and what immune response dampening drugs to give to people.

Yeah. Americans get things done, over here not so much.
But at least for now i think EU will look at what the US do, and if the roll on we will start with the J&J too, but will probably also stop it again as soon as we see the same as with the AZ vaccine.
The J&J are approved for use here based on the trials, so i am sure given the chance they will also use it ASAP.

And the AZ and the J&J are pretty much the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back