COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thus all Eu and non EU countries should repatriate their own citizens working in the UK to treat their own infectious nationals....
Why should they risk their own lives to treat those infectious british people?
The countries can't repatriate them, unless they want to leave, and that is of course their choice. Some may want to leave, but I suspect not many, most are doing the job they signed up for, in the knowledge that it may get difficult one day. You don't join the army, and then leave as soon as it gets dangerous.

The Swedish capitol will run out of ICU places within a week.
Then you should help your friends over the water before the Italians!

They only have about a week to the peak, so they don't need a lot more ICU, Danish help could be very useful.

The countries can't repatriate them, unless they want to leave, and that is of course their choice. Some may want to leave, but I suspect not many, most are doing the job they signed up for, in the knowledge that it may get difficult one day. You don't join the army, and then leave as soon as it gets dangerous.

No, they can. E.g. in Italy there is still the military draft (although suspended); it would be enough to draft those italian doctors working in the UK.
A lot of EU have still the draft system in place as well.

No, they can. E.g. in Italy there is still the military draft (although suspended); it would be enough to draft those italian doctors working in the UK.
A lot of EU have still the draft system in place as well.
Italian law does not apply in UK, EU laws don't either since Brexit, so there is no way they could be forced to leave unless UK chose to do so.

Italian law does not apply in UK, EU laws don't either since Brexit, so there is no way they could be forced to leave unless UK chose to do so.
Of course it does not apply in the UK. But if you are a draft dodger, you cant' go back to your home country (unless you don't want to end up in jail).
My goodness. Should I state the obvious?

Yes if people want to leave, they of course have to give due notice, not least crucial people like doctors.
So even if a Italian doctor worked here and gave in his letter a week or 3 ago it would be some months before he could be let go according to Danish workplace rules, and so he will hopefully miss all of it where he really was needed badly.
I would not mind if we was able to help our long time arch enemy the Swedes, even if they are crazy bastards that live under mountains, or anyone else for that matter.
But i just don't think it would be prudent to do right now.
Some of our hospitals still say they only have basic protection for their staff to last a week, so even on this very basic matter we Danes are still trying to catch up.
And i would hate to send 50 ventilators to Italy tomorrow, only to ask for them back in 7 days.

If you run out of tp and can not find a bidet here is a do it yourself option.

WARNING: This could be very cold where you want it to remain warm.

I was looking into those attachments. Can plumb under the sink instead to get warm water. Then I start to think and turns out I already have a portable bidet. My camping shower. Can also be filled with warm water :unsure:

5d780aa6f3eb256b9b6c2bb9a464eb72.jpg

@Dashmellow : I don't disagree with the addictive-by-design part, but it's controllable if one wants to do that. In the last 12 days I've been online about 4-5 hours total mostly getting news reports. It's do-able for those who want to do it, it's that most people want much more.

I can't imagine what the healthcare people are going through in the world right now. If there are any heros in all this mess then it is them (y) Once this mess is over we should let them be the ones to decide on how things like this will be handled in the future, keeping the dumba$$ politicians out of the decision-making process. Too bad that won't happen either. The people get what they want and they will choose pleasure over correctness every time, even if it kills them.

Phil

Due to the enormous 32% spike in new coronavirus cases yesterday (+4354) along with a huge jump in the number of COVID-19 related deaths (+563), the UK government has quietly deployed an initial fleet of 46 previously secret semi-autonomous robotic police "officers" in London for the purpose of enforcing social distancing protocols and to protect human officers from infection in crowded situations. These mobile enforcement units have apparently been under development for quite some time. The robotic Bobbies are monitored and controlled remotely via 5G video link and onboard two way interactive speaker systems which will allow direct communication with citizens and suspects. Under a specially enacted emergency edict handed down by the Johnson ministry early this morning aggressive compliance actions and lethal force measures by the robots have been authorized under certain circumstances such as terrorist acts and to otherwise protect the public during acute emergencies and civil unrest.

robot_bobbie.jpg

Last edited:
The superiority lies mostly in the Thalamus and Neocortex areas ;) Wish I could see how many 'hits' google maps will be getting from there with these terms in 'search' :rolleyes:

Phil

That looks like Downing street; after calling their dog Dilyn, I wonder what Boris has called his personal protection drone?

Well a few drops of rain messing with the wrong IC and that cop will be robbing Harrods soon.

images

Today's numbers.

Total tested: 29921 ( up 3145 over yesterday )
Total infected: 3355 ( up 342 over yesterday )
In hospital: 525 ( Down 10 change over yesterday )
In ICU: 153 ( Up 7 over yesterday )
On ventilator: 138 ( up 9 over yesterday )
Total Dead: 123 ( up 19 over yesterday )
Total recovered: 1089

So around 3000 tested every day now, and a lot of good / green numbers today, lets hope that keep up.
So 342 have been tested and sent home and will get bad news today.

Americans have parked the "big stick" ( CVN-71 ) in Guam and many crew are put in isolation in hotel rooms, and only a skeleton crew on board.
So if there ever was a time to reenact that Steven Seagal movie under siege but with a carrier, now is the time. ( i would advise against this as you probably not get further than ACT 1 of the script )

Italy have now officially requested help from Denmark ( and others i assume )

Spain seen as many as 950 dead in the past 24 hours :eek: putting them past the 10,000 dead mark .

Swedish hospitals have stopped experimenting with klorokin, they say it is not working.

In spite of the Danish government throwing tax payer money around, unemployment are going up and up here, +7000 of those just yesterday, the most gloomy predictions say this will have a impact on the Danish GNP of -10%
Best estimates only say -5% which is what we saw in the financial crisis of 2009 where the banks and fat cats tried to ruin the world ,,,,, and got away with it to a large degree cuz the same banks are still there laughing at us.

Last edited:
Today's numbers.
You need to check your pestilence figures again, only some of them had arrived when you collected those.

So i see.
I read a phone interview with a nurse down with the stuff, she said its the most god awful thing she have ever had

Dangers of DIY miracle medicine...

Hydroxychloroquine can have serious side effects. One time, years ago, a doctor I visited for a consultation wanted to put me on the stuff even though I don't suffer from any of the maladies it's usually prescribed for. I have some osteoarthritis. When I talked to my family doctor about this he went through the roof!

It can cause permanent blurred vision and even blindness, heart disease, liver damage, severe hypoglycemia, mood changes and suicidal thoughts, hair loss, tinnitus, hives, sore throat, fever and chills and other problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back