COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course removal is unlikely if you leave it to the politicians!

The people put him in power, the people should be able to remove him from power.

There are no recalls on a President. Removal is only achieved through impeachment. Those efforts failed when his party blocked the Democrats from acting. So now the only alternatives are:

1. He loses in November
2. He gets 4 more years and is termed out as President for a total of 8 years. 2 Term Max.

Option #1 is the best possible outcome. Option #2 all within America are SCREWED.

2. He gets 4 more years and is termed out as President for a total of 8 years. 2 Term Max.
Just like Putin in Russia?

Lafayette Square vs Tiananmen square

Trump is using "less lethal" weapons, but more violence!

Donald Trump said:
Donald Trump said:
What’s the first thing President Trump would do upon entering the Oval Office?
Many things. A toughness of attitude would prevail. I’d throw a tax on every Mercedes-Benz rolling into this country and on all Japanese products, and we’d have wonderful allies again.
Donald Trump said:
What would be some of President Trump’s longer-term views of the future?
I think of the future, but I refuse to paint it. Anything can happen. But I often think of nuclear war...

Just like Putin in Russia?

Trump thinks he runs the show, and clearly he does, because his party is without a backbone to stop him. He seems to do and get away with whatever he wants. No clue why people are so gullible and dumb. The man is a loose cannon with a hot temper and a simple mind. His decisions defy logic and science. He's a Con Man bankrupting the country, like he did to his businesses. The man has filed bankruptcy numerous times. Always losing investor money and never his own.

I guess his name and his ability to "charm" have caused people to turn off all semblance of common sense.

Well you folks might have noticed that I no longer use a certain word to describe Trump.
While I might disagree with your chosen words used I would not and did not flag them. I see a difference between your saying something you sincerely believe and saying something designed to insult others here. We need open dissent and free expression if the country is to survive.

No one should be considered to be in the wrong just because they come out on opposite sides of they do so with integrity.

He seems to do and get away with whatever he wants. No clue why people are so gullible and dumb. The man is a loose cannon with a hot temper and a simple mind.
I am not so sure. Trump does come across as speaking simply and with a certain lack of sophistication. However, I see that as style not substance. He seems to be playing chess thinking several moves ahead. If true then he lets people think he is simple to gain advantage. He is an excellent negotiator or he could not have succeeded prior to running for office. Yes, he made bad business decisions but many greats have declared bankruptcy several times before they became great successes. The key is not failing. The key is learning from failures and improving.

I am not so sure. Trump does come across as speaking simply and with a certain lack of sophistication. However, I see that as style not substance. He seems to be playing chess thinking several moves ahead. If true then he lets people think he is simple to gain advantage. He is an excellent negotiator or he could not have succeeded prior to running for office. Yes, he made bad business decisions but many greats have declared bankruptcy several times before they became great successes. The key is not failing. The key is learning from failures and improving.

Wholeheartedly disagree. Trump isn't playing chess or gauging his opponent. Con men simply read the room and the crowd, picking out the weakest and most vulnerable to prey upon. And when Con Men feel threatened, they must up the ruse or risk being exposed. Evidenced by the fact that anyone who questions Trump, and Trump's motives, is immediately dealt with in a grandiose manner to distract from the real reason the person is being let go. He/She questioned the Con Artist, and no Con Man likes being questioned.

Trump has a history of stiffing workers and refusing to pay them. Trump was sued for his Trump University that cheated students out of an education and was nothing more than a scam. Trump's Properties in Atlantic City have gone belly up. Trump has a history of screwing investors, losing their money, and filing bankruptcy. None of these being the actions of a calculated and thoughtful individual. And instead someone who is impulsive, looking to make a quick buck, by any dishonest means possible. Definitely not leadership and presidential material.

The man does not learn from failure. Because people who truly wish to learn and grow surround themselves by learned individuals. Trump fires anyone who attempts to offer a word of guidance or caution. Look at Trump's handling of Coronavirus. He was warned in November 2019 by the intelligence agencies, and he chose to believe China. Dr. Fauci and Trump's advisors tried in vain to get Trump to take the outbreak serious. Trump still does not. Even Worse, Trump touted taking unproven drugs (hydroxychloroquine) when medical science did not back its effectiveness. Trump's motives weren't because he believed in the drugs true value. What we later discovered is Trump owned a stake in the pharmaceutical company manufacturing the drug. And studies have now shown that hydroxychloroquine increases the chances of death for Coronavirus by 45%!

Worst yet, Trump's handling of the riots has been inflammatory. The Generals and military leaders are speechless at Trump's threat to deploy armed troops against American Civilians. Hell, the police in Louisville turned off their cameras and shot someone! Inciting more rioting. Trump instructed police to use force in Washington D.C. so Trump could have a Photo Op in front of a church! I absolutely DO NOT condone rioting, but the President's job is to help calm the country, not incite and fuel the flames. Trump has done everything but prove his leadership capabilities. The man is an ABJECT DISGRACE.

Last edited:
He seems to be playing chess thinking several moves ahead.
Terminating the WHO membership is like taking all his pawns and putting them back in the box as the first move of the game, while his opponent is still fully armed... maybe he will still win the battle and claim a great victory, but it is still a stupid move, risking many lives, loss of respect, and of many allies around the world. There may be many good things about Trump, but can you afford the catastrophes that come with them?

Oh how I wish...
It wasn't really the people who put him in power. In the last election there were only two candidates who stood any chance whatsoever to be elected and Trump was one. We were screwed before the election, and before the one before that, and before the one before that ad nauseum. In effect, it is the Republican AND Democratic parties which are perpetuating this evil upon us by being sure to never allow anyone else to grow another party into one which could unseat them. THEY are controlling the elections- not us.
Nobody has yet invented the perfect voting system, and the voters will make mistakes, which makes it important that the voters can rectify their mistakes! I think your biggest problem is giving too much power to one person, it is the reason that in the UK we don't elect our prime minister, and the prime minister can easily be replaced at any time by their colleagues. This time last year, Mrs May had got stuck with Brexit, couldn't find a way forward, so she was replaced and Boris given a chance. We elect the government, not the prime minister, and it is the government that has the power, if one person goes rogue then it is not a problem.

Open source is a good idea, but these things have to be paid for somehow, you can't go into manufacturing a billion doses without any prospect of a return on the investment, and the research and development team/facility should get a substantial return that will keep them going for many years into the future. And why should countries that don't even invest in WHO funding (You know who you are!) be allowed to just take the open source DNA code and replicate it for their own profit?

"Recently a visual team, working closely with researchers, created “the most accurate model of the SARS-CoV-2 viral particle currently available”: a barbed, multicolored globe with the texture of fine moss, like something out of Dr. Seuss, or a sunken naval mine draped in algae and sponges."

3D model of the SARS-CoV-2 virus at atomic resolution

Visual Science – Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2: scientifically accurate 3D model

Terminating the WHO membership is like taking all his pawns and putting them back in the box as the first move of the game, while his opponent is still fully armed... maybe he will still win the battle and claim a great victory, but it is still a stupid move, risking many lives, loss of respect, and of many allies around the world. There may be many good things about Trump, but can you afford the catastrophes that come with them?

Nobody has yet invented the perfect voting system, and the voters will make mistakes, which makes it important that the voters can rectify their mistakes! I think your biggest problem is giving too much power to one person, it is the reason that in the UK we don't elect our prime minister, and the prime minister can easily be replaced at any time by their colleagues. This time last year, Mrs May had got stuck with Brexit, couldn't find a way forward, so she was replaced and Boris given a chance. We elect the government, not the prime minister, and it is the government that has the power, if one person goes rogue then it is not a problem.

The U.K has turned into a huge nanny state. Cameras are everywhere monitoring its citizens, including cameras that run license plates, to check if you have warrants, expired tags, etc. Bit unnerving. Don't get me wrong, the USA has the NSA and other Agencies spying on people's lives (phone, internet records, etc). Very unethical too. But the use of cameras to spy on everyone is yet another unsightly prospect. Freedoms are easily lost and hard fought to restore.

I would call my country a even bigger nanny state, but not based on the number of CCTV cameras or the substantial information that is logged on every Dane.
The worst things is this seem to be what the Danes want, making me think that maybe the put something in the beer, cuz me not drinking beer are much what make me different from the other 6 million.
I feel violated all the time and it is one of the core reasons i would move elsewhere if i got the chance.

Nanny State is the wrong term for what the UK has now evolved into with cameras and facial recognition monitoring and recording every aspect of people's lives virtually everywhere they go in public. A more accurate term for the UK would be Surveillance State.

Last edited:
Yeah i agree, that's a more proper term.
Though they have also given a lot of powers to their government, and like here i cant really see for what in return.

I would call my country a even bigger nanny state, but not based on the number of CCTV cameras or the substantial information that is logged on every Dane.
The worst things is this seem to be what the Danes want, making me think that maybe the put something in the beer, cuz me not drinking beer are much what make me different from the other 6 million.
I feel violated all the time and it is one of the core reasons i would move elsewhere if i got the chance.

Sweden is very protective of its rights. Norway seems so but never been. I have family there and they seem happy.

I have family there and they seem happy.
As long as they maintain public support then they are good, not bad, and here they do have overwhelming public support, except amongst the criminals. We like to see the uninsured and illegal drivers being removed from the roads, every bankrobber caught and locked up, etc.

Must be better to have cameras than the alternative we are seeing in USA!
Tanks on the streets, soldiers with bayonets, helicopters overhead o_O

Last edited:
Nanny State is the wrong term for what the UK has now evolved into with cameras and facial recognition monitoring and recording every aspect of people's lives virtually everywhere they go in public. A more accurate term for the UK would be Surveillance State.
if you question that they'll just spin the conversation around to China and how them doing is somehow different because it's communism versus democracy

if you question that they'll just spin the conversation around to China and how them doing is somehow different because it's communism versus democracy

According to @Nigel -
As long as they maintain public support then they are good, not bad, and here they do have overwhelming public support, except amongst the criminals.

Of course, that flawed logic makes sense only to privileged white elitists like Nigel but not necessarily to black and brown folks, Muslims or other ethnic groups who may not support such intensive surveillance since they are all too often the targets of it even when they are not involved in criminal behaviors. Ubiquitous surveillance is a slippery slope that is couched in terms of societal protection but tends to lead to oppression.

Hell all countries are over reaching with the use of technology. China doesn't deny it. The rest of the world feigns stupid and them pretends to be embarassed when it gets leaked to the world via Wikileaks, etc. Albeit, still continuing to spy on everyone.

Hell all countries are over reaching with the use of technology. China doesn't deny it. The rest of the world feigns stupid and them pretends to be embarassed when it gets leaked to the world via Wikileaks, etc. Albeit, still continuing to spy on everyone.

Last edited:
You manufacture cameras, are you suggesting that we should all remove our surveillance cameras from our cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back