COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A house the British burned down in the war of 1812, Theodore Roosevelt named the new building the white house in 1901.

Trump rewrote that history:

Canadians have reacted with dismay to reports US President Donald Trump questioned whether Canada burned down the White House during a call with the country's leader, Justin Trudeau.

"Didn't you guys burn down the White House?" Mr Trump reportedly asked in a call with Mr Trudeau over new tariffs.

It is not clear if the comment was intended as a joke, but CNN report that it followed an exchange in which Mr Trudeau asked how the US could justify the tariffs as a "national security" issue.

New record 945 infected in one day, total 40356 infected, 56902 tested in the last 24 hours.

EMG procedures about to kick off on hospitals again, nurses ASO been given 3 day advance warning
128 in hospital - 18 in ICU - 13 on ventilator - 2 dead

We are still doing pretty good, but things can turn ugly really fast as proven several times in a range of countries.

Good article in Nature that puts the myth of natural herd immunity to a novel coronavirus to rest.

The false promise of herd immunity for COVID-19

"Why proposals to largely let the virus run its course — embraced by Donald Trump’s administration and others — could bring “untold death and suffering”".

“Attempting to reach herd immunity via targeted infections is simply ludicrous,”......“In the US, probably one to two million people would die.”
The Lancet, called the herd-immunity approach a “dangerous fallacy unsupported by scientific evidence”

Some Danes have investigated / tested masks and how they work in relation to corona,,,,,, for some reason though these are undisputed doctors and scientists their papers with their findings can not get published anywhere.
Now i dont expect the Lancet or new England journal of medicine to be all over it, but come on ?
I find this suspicious.

Last edited:
Some Danes have investigated / tested masks and how they work in relation to corona,,,,,, for some reason though these are undisputed doctors and scientists their papers with their findings can not get published anywhere.
Now i dont expect the Lancet or new England journal of medicine to be all over it, but come on ?
I find this suspicious.

This was a proper study, the only one that has tested the overall effect on the population:

I've always suspected a negative effect due to people changing their behaviour when wearing masks, but it now seems that people using washable cloth masks instead of disposable surgical masks, may also be catching covid from their masks when they would be fine without!

Using USA journals may have been a mistake, too political there!

The other day I realized that people with shopping carts have always social distanced.
Stand on a 6' square. Look at the front of your cart. see where the person in front of you would stand.
To avoid hitting them you naturally stand about 6' apart.

The other day I realized that people with shopping carts have always social distanced.
Stand on a 6' square. Look at the front of your cart. see where the person in front of you would stand.
To avoid hitting them you naturally stand about 6' apart.

I can see your point. However, at least here in Vermont these mini shopping carts have become quite popular so it won't work with those.

minicart.jpeg

I can see your point. However, at least here in Vermont these mini shopping carts have become quite popular so it won't work with those.
Maybe why your infections have been climbing?
1603666465370.png

Highly doubtful.

I see you had over 23,000 new infections in the UK just yesterday and your death toll continues to spike. How's that going? Must be more of those false positives you keep hanging your hat on.
maybe they just need bigger shopping trolleys ????

hehe i saw a clip on TV from America, about the oversized people and how they get buried, more specific the size of the coffins :eek:
I can tell for information those coffins are bigger than my bed.
bigcoffin.jpg

Good article in Nature that puts the myth of natural herd immunity to a novel coronavirus to rest.

The false promise of herd immunity for COVID-19

"Why proposals to largely let the virus run its course — embraced by Donald Trump’s administration and others — could bring “untold death and suffering”".
I'm sure some of the people who write these articles don't understand what herd immunity is!

“There’s no magic wand we can use here,” Andersen says. “We have to face reality — never before have we reached herd immunity via natural infection with a novel virus, and SARS-CoV-2 is unfortunately no different.” Vaccination is the only ethical path to herd immunity, he says.

That is just wrong. Before we invented vaccines we always achieved immunity via natural infection, we would not be here today if we had ever failed to do so.

And even if some medical experts don't like it, every country now has some level of herd immunity, maybe not enough to stop the spread, but always enough to slow the spread. That can be seen quite clearly in the data where most countries experiencing a "second wave" are seeing a less steep and smaller rise in cases than in the first wave. (In USA, the second wave was mainly states that were having their first wave, so it is the third wave that is less steep.)

During the first wave, just letting it go free clearly wasn't a good option since the hospitals then got overloaded, lockdowns were necessary, but for further waves it is far from clear what level of lockdown is useful, people are getting infected anyway, the infections stop when enough immunity is achieved, not for any other reason, lockdowns just slow down achieving enough immunity. Some precautions are clearly useful in reducing the amount of immunity required, improving ventilation systems so that they don't circulate virus around the occupants, and so they do maintain decent humidity is sensible. But like every coronavirus that has arrived in the past, it seems likely that most of us will defeat this one using natural immunity before the medical people get a working and approved vaccine into enough people to make a difference.

If the governments really wanted to save lives then we would be distributing the vaccines now, and not pausing trials for 6 weeks at a time because 1 single person became ill for unknown reasons at a time when the figures show 5000 people per day are dying of the disease!

I have the same plan as on day #1

Charm my way out of it all, with my blinding wits and white teeth :LOL:

If it takes charm, wits, and teeth to beat this thing then I'm in trouble because I'm short of all three of them :eek::ROFLMAO:

Phil

#2 wave still building up here, another new record today with 1056 new cases, and +18 more in hospital but -3 on ventilator.
60.000 was tested in the last 24 hours.

EMG testing stations in tents in parks / parking lots ASO will be shut down for winter, testing will still be in a tent but a all year one placed at the university hospital in my birth town of Aarhus, so if i want a test it is not a 3 minute drive to the former Army barracks here in town but more a 40 minute drive to Aarhus.

If it takes charm, wits, and teeth to beat this thing then I'm in trouble because I'm short of all three of them :eek::ROFLMAO:

Phil
well any man that can make a dovetail joint cant be all without a chance, many people today have no ides what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back