COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard of crowds here at some places, initially lots of people reached without registering. From what I saw it is,100 shots morning to noon and 100 shots noon to evening per centre.

I hope the side effects are nil or at a minimum.
It is better to have some side effects!

The side effects are the result of your immune system reacting to the vaccine and developing antibodies, then you know that the vaccine is working. And don't take paracetamol to reduce the side effects, because that is also reducing the immune reaction to the vaccine, which may reduce the effectiveness. Very few people have more than minor side effects, similar to a mild cold, nothing to worry about.

My mother have had nothing to say after her 2 shots, but this family are also tough.
Getting shot up to travel the world i also never experienced any side effects, though those shouts are also reported to do that.

Well I had my shot of Pfizer back in Feburary no side affect at all, however I know 2 other people that got mild side affects when the had the other vaccine not pfizer, they had very mild symptoms that only lasted 24 hours.

The Danish vaccine ABNCoV2 are now cleared for human trials, this is a no fuss vaccine you can store at fridge / room temperature, and kick the vaccine around on the floor if you choose to do that.
But will probably still be 1 year before it is ready for use / approved by various agencies, human trials will be in Holland on 42 people - then if okay 3-500 people + kids, and then final trial on 30.000 people.
The vaccine are a so called capsid virus-like particle (cVLP) based COVID-19 vaccine
So far 0 side effects have been observed in mouse and moneys.

human trials will be in Holland on 42 people - then if okay 3-500 people + kids, and then final trial on 30.000 people.
How are you going to get 30,000 people to volunteer to take part in the trial and have a 50% chance of not being vaccinated, when they could have a 100% chance of being vaccinated with another vaccine? (OK, in EU they may have to wait a few more months for the 100% chance, but signing up for a years trial with 50% chance of not being vaccinated will not make sense to most people.)

I dont think the year will be one long trial, first off the 42 people, well thats just to make sure there are no really bad side effects, but that part are probably over in a month, next 3-500 people batch likewise but might be 2 months.
The big batch of people on which approval will be made will probably take a while longer, i am not sure if all trials will be in Holland / The Netherlands.
Some places you would probably have people fighting to get shot up with just about anything anti corona.

Astrazeneca won again, and with a median age was 88, clearly the EU have been using the wrong vaccine for the elderly!
One dose of Pfizer vaccine was 71.4% effective after 14 days at preventing symptomatic illness severe enough to require hospitalization, the study found. Patients' median age was 87, meaning half were older, half younger.
One dose of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine was 80.4% effective after 14 days. Patients' median age was 88, according to findings released March 3.

Nice headline :sneaky:

I dont think the year will be one long trial, first off the 42 people, well thats just to make sure there are no really bad side effects, but that part are probably over in a month, next 3-500 people batch likewise but might be 2 months.
The big batch of people on which approval will be made will probably take a while longer, i am not sure if all trials will be in Holland / The Netherlands.
Some places you would probably have people fighting to get shot up with just about anything anti corona.

42?

How did they come up with that particular number? One might think they'd want a round number, perhaps 40 or 50.

thought you should be old enough to remember the HHGTTG reference

I am and I do, but I forgot!

It still begs the question of whether the number was actually chosen with that particular reference in mind. Perhaps some virology researchers feel the need for some whimsy in the midst of the pandemic?

Yeah i wonder too, oddball number, but maybe that is the number of brave Dutchmen ready to go.

Some of the possibilities on the Wikipedia 42 page I linked above seem rather intriguing.

Lewis Carroll, who was a mathematician and the author of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland made repeated use of the number 42 in his writings; such as:

Rule Forty-two in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland ("All persons more than a mile high to leave the court").

"42" is an episode of Doctor Who, set in real time lasting approximately 42 minutes.

The jersey number of Jackie Robinson, which is the only number retired by all Major League Baseball teams.

Miles Morales was bitten by a spider bearing the number 42, causing him to become a Spider-Man.

There are 42 US gallons in a barrel of oil.

42 is the sum of the numbers on a pair of dice.

On the game show Jeopardy!, "Watson" the IBM supercomputer has 42 "threads" in its avatar.

42 is the number with which God creates the Universe in Kabbalistic tradition.

The Gutenberg Bible is also known as the "42-line Bible", as the book contained 42 lines per page.

In the TV show X-Files, Fox Mulder's apartment number is 42.

I heard something with a half ear this Danish vaccine is a type 2 vaccine which should be better in dealing with mutations, it should also give you longer coverage ( these are apparently not lifetime vaccines like others )

Denmark are traditionally one of the most vaccinated countries, though not all things you can vaccinate for here are done as default, some deceases not considered serious it seem like we here favor to just let it do its thing and so make people immune that way.

On April 3 1810 the Danish king ordered all Danes and Norwegians vaccinated against smallpox, making us some of the first to vaccinate for this ( not the very first )

Well I had my shot of Pfizer back in Feburary no side affect at all, however I know 2 other people that got mild side affects when the had the other vaccine not pfizer, they had very mild symptoms that only lasted 24 hours.

A few weeks ago I had my AZ jab at 08:00 and at about 14:00 to 16:00 the next day I had very mild flu like symptoms and the jab area a bit tender that then slowly faded. Next morning all gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back