Covid Lockdown over, so the tourists are back!

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1+G3ꞈꞈꞈꞈꞈ Viofo A229ꞈꞈꞈꞈꞈ Blueskysea B4K
The bikers seem to have swapped their bikes for toy cars, but are behaving the same way as before, obviously want to be flattened:

And then there are the BMWs, also wanting to be flattened:

It seem like U and I suffer from the same problem, when aggravated in traffic that feeling go strait to the throttle foot. :)
And being nice in traffic, often backfire.

It seem like U and I suffer from the same problem, when aggravated in traffic that feeling go strait to the throttle foot. :)
That saves pressing the lock file button on my A139, I already had my foot on the throttle, and that is enough to trigger the lock!
Doesn't work with this camera though.

Interestingly, on the A139 view, the car pulling out in front of me looks reasonable, while on this camera it looks like he shouldn't have done it, maybe it is best to mount your dashcam on the dash!

And being nice in traffic, often backfire.
I didn't actually stop to be nice, if the truck in front of me had been turning right, through the oncoming truck, then me following would have resulted in everyone stuck, turned out it wasn't, but it is often better to be kind on the smaller roads, and the truck driver appreciated it even though I failed to stop the tourists (both had English plates, and I was in Wales.)

The bikers seem to have swapped their bikes for toy cars, but are behaving the same way as before, obviously want to be flattened:
I think I would have been back on the horn when he stuck his finger up, pulls out when he shouldn't and makes out like it's your fault somehow, what a wanker

Last edited:
I think I would have back on the horn when he stuck his finger up, pulls out when he shouldn't and makes out like it's your fault somehow, what a wanker
Would have been a waste of effort, I don't have a train horn for the second blast!
He knew perfectly well that I was there, but wanted to get behind the other two so forced his way in.

I did intentionally wait until my twin air horns were only about 1 meter from his unprotect ears for the first blast, it may have been uncomfortably loud!

I saw a guy today in a nice old blue Morris Mascot in pickup version, but it was driven by a civilized elderly man so no problems as i slowly passed him in the Left hand lane.
And i was also at the ready to give him a thumbs up for his nice car, but he dident look over.

It might very well have been this one. https://www.dkclassiccars.dk/product/morris-mini-pick-up-351

I saw a guy today in a nice old blue Morris Mascot in pickup version, but it was driven by a civilized elderly man so no problems as i slowly passed him in the Left hand lane.
And i was also at the ready to give him a thumbs up for his nice car, but he dident look over.

It might very well have been this one. https://www.dkclassiccars.dk/product/morris-mini-pick-up-351
The old Mini's seem to have got very rare here recently, a sudden decline in numbers, always good to see them though.

But that red Caterham is less than 3 years old!

Guy probably know squat about Caterham heritage, he was just told " it is a good car to be seen in"

Not that tey are one of the big old names,,,,, but you cant call yourself a petrolhead if you dont know about them.

My grandmother had the minor in the "woodie" version, our first car,,,,,, and actually only car until it got stolen was a Morris Marina, already then in the late 70ties it had a huge hole in the floor at the passenger side seat.
As my brain is weird i can still remember its licentiate DD48685 and this got stolen when i was 10 or so, and i cant remember what i did last week.

I have tried driving a Cooper, make my Suzuki feel like a SUV
Also tried one of those Renault "4" i think it was called, that had a weird Umbrella like gear leaver coming out of the dash.
My own first car the Volvo 121 from 1967, its gear leaver was pretty darn long, and there was also a kit to mover it further back to a more normal location, but i never got that far with mine.

yeah my mum had a Morris Minor when we were kids, were plenty of those around back then, never see them these days

Morris Marina was probably the worst car they ever made, what a shocker that was

Yes, not popular with the top gear boys :LOL: i think our car which came out in 1971 was just a few years old in 1976 or 77 or so when it got stolen and trashed, my Volvo was in a far better state.

Now i got to think if the old James bond movie where Roger more is chased driving a 2CV, also packing one of those silly umbrella gear levers.
And they get chased by old Peugeot cars, so all in all a lot of body roll in that chase scene.

Guy probably know squat about Caterham heritage, he was just told " it is a good car to be seen in"

Not that tey are one of the big old names,,,,, but you cant call yourself a petrolhead if you dont know about them.
I suspect they were ex-bikers that the police had forced off their bikes. 10 years ago it was common to find the roads in that area blocked by ambulances picking up the pieces, now I only see groups of Harley type bikes and a few semi-off road types, all behaving. These were behaving in the same way the fast bikers used to, while all the Caterham owners I've known have been decent people who take their cars to track days and hillclimbs for the more dangerous fun and are more careful than most road users when on public roads.

I think Caterham is the biggest name for that type of car, totally impractical for anything but having fun!

Are you suggesting a release of a 6-channel Viofo dashcam..? :unsure:

1-Front, 2-Rear, 3-Left, 4-Right, 5-Interior,
and what would the 6th be?
360?
Front narrow angle?
Front thermal?
Driver's door cop cam?
Parking cam?

Maybe we need more than 6...

Or maybe I was just partially obscuring something more interesting?

Good GPS response for a dashcam, it actually got down to 2MPH, which was about correct.

Buy a used Google Streetview car with cam still attached :)

yeah my mum had a Morris Minor when we were kids, were plenty of those around back then, never see them these days

Morris Marina was probably the worst car they ever made, what a shocker that was
Just as good as the Leyland P76 .... and ended up in the same place !

Thieves are doing what they do best around here again now that tourist are back.

Just ordered myself one of these underseat vaults.
thumbnail.jpg

Samoyardznya Karabina Simonova. Those could once be had new here for $79 plus shipping :cool: Most thieves are in a hurry; they know the longer they're on scene the better chance they'll be caught so such a vault could help, but if it's noticed it could also cause a thief to zero in on you thinking something valuable must be inside :cautious:
Not too much 'smash and grab' with cars here yet because so many dam# fools here leave their cars unlocked with valuables inside- just open and get, no smashing needed. That includes a couple of now-ex-Cops whose guns were stolen from their unlocked cars, one being a marked cruiser and the other a personal car :eek: Doors locked? Try the next car; it'll be open :(

Phil

As i recall the SKS featured in a mythbusters episode.
Something about the way it is build and a jolt could set it off as i recall ( floating firing pin )

Instantly sent my weird mind to the some say Eddie Murphy flop Harlem Nights.
Though here it is Chicago typewriters and fingers that is too hairy.

Back