Cow Strike At Night......SGGCX2Pro

Yeah i found that move silly too, now a cow can get mighty spooked, but it will eventually settle down.

Getting a frightened cow to settle down might take quite some time, depending on the circumstances. And when the cow finally settles down it may be in a place you don't want it to be, so you're back to square one.

I've seen cows end up miles from where they belong and we've had to load them into livestock trailers to bring them home.

Yeah seemingly they can also bare a grudge, and so even if calmed down then a tiny thing will set them off again.
BTW just researched the cow was "just" a 14 month old calf
Here is one of the escapee from the slaughter house, back in 1998, the police station are a stone throw from where it attack the moped, the slaughterhouse was a further 1/4 - 1/2 mile down the road the camera aim when it attack the moped.

Another WTF from the same forest, so last week a family was out there walking their dog ( a dog with a little wolf in it ) but that apparently made someone butt hurt and police was called, and the owners had to produce papers ASO on the totally legal and leashed well mannered dog.
The wolf dog named IKE, are now a star, modelling ASO, quickly gaining stardom on social media.

Ike.jpeg

I do hate these phone police people.

You've obviously never given a cow a shove or hit one with a stick and seen it take off in the wrong direction. ;) Often a "halter" is simply a rope around the neck which is all the encouragement they need.
Maybe you have different cows to us, or maybe you mistreat them and they don't trust you!

I assume that Danish cows are similar to Swedish cows:

Yeah seemingly they can also bare a grudge, and so even if calmed down then a tiny thing will set them off again.
BTW just researched the cow was "just" a 14 month old calf
Here is one of the escapee from the slaughter house, back in 1998, the police station are a stone throw from where it attack the moped, the slaughterhouse was a further 1/4 - 1/2 mile down the road the camera aim when it attack the moped.

Another WTF from the same forest, so last week a family was out there walking their dog ( a dog with a little wolf in it ) but that apparently made someone butt hurt and police was called, and the owners had to produce papers ASO on the totally legal and leashed well mannered dog.
The wolf dog named IKE, are now a star, modelling ASO, quickly gaining stardom on social media.

I do hate these phone police people.
That cow in the video is a Holstein! The Holstein Association - the "world's largest" dairy breed association is local to the town nearest to where I live and has been here for 118 years . So they would have been involved with the pedigree registration and genetic licensing of the "mad" cow in your video. They basically developed the breed. That's the primary breed of dairy cow you'll see here in Vermont although people are now raising many other breeds in part because of the growing artisanal cheese industry here.

Quite a few people are into wolf-dog hybrids here too. Like in your country you need a special license to own them. Most of the ones I've met are really nice friendly animals but one person I knew had a pair of them that were just feral beasts, mostly because he hadn't trained them properly. He brought them to my house onetime and as we sat in chairs out on my deck chatting they stood in front of me barking, growling and snarling at me and he didn't bother to discipline them in any way. I finally had to ask him to leave and never bring these vicious animals back to my house again.

It seems we also have coywolves in Vermont too. They are a mix of wolves and coyotes (and sometimes dogs). They are wild animals though and you are not allowed to own one, not that anyone would want to.

It is by no small amount the yield from a milk cow have gone up in the past 100 years or even just half of that :eek:
The oldest cattle race here, that are still existing are dating back to the 17 - 1800, but of course not cattle you will find in either a dairy or meat production.
The breed was also modified with cross breading with dutch black & white cattle, but a estimated 100 cows are still here today, these are called "The Jutland cattle"

BZS5_GGGj-Y7UwcPvthHRWVrf4KHxKSwFxwFJzNkonVIVBJ0OsxyjpTeelAyhlnjsI6hoVBccgzaqH1IuVqxyjLfUvyeJox51JFIdV-t_eQvm9PFv16fSpTPghKisj7X52ldciC6q-xfrIhLdW3DOIgRZ4gDpp2x-Y4KCaMPwVWANSOyZSX8Z0r6pxNAvj98u5Tep4gsmrrluse1hEkZUNhfJOF8UA9R

First publication on the Danish cattle breeds was published as late as 1881.

So forget about fancy Japanese beef, we got something much more exclusive going on here.

Yes sadly my country got a dog law some years ago banning some breeds, in response to gangster types having large dogs they did not control or was even fighting ( also illegal here )
So again a law that hit pretty much all but the intended targets, they should have made a law saying criminals can not have dogs,,,,, Period.

Granted some dog breeds need more work, though if you look at bite events here,,,,,, it have never been the big dogs that are on the top of the list, O no it is the little dogs, with no training or care by the owners that is at the head of that statistics.
Very rare is the root of the problem the dog itself.

Last edited:
Maybe you have different cows to us, or maybe you mistreat them and they don't trust you!

I assume that Danish cows are similar to Swedish cows:

While that may be a somewhat charming but pretentious self promotional video of a nice Swedish girl calling in her pet cow and its other herd mates it has no relationship to what occurs with frightened cows that have escaped their pasture into unfamiliar territory, perhaps with cars swerving to avoid them or something else that is causing them distress.

What exactly is your problem here, Nigel? What is the personality pathology at work here? There appears to be no circumstance where you don't turn any interaction with me on this forum into a gratuitous petty pissing match.

In this particular instance, I offered a friendly reply to a comment of yours agreeing with you that no one should be shooting stray escaped cows and mentioned that it can be challenging to get a cow to cooperate when trying to lead them back to where they belong.

So, what is your response? You engineer a petty spat over whether nor not or why someone might put a rope around a cows neck to lead it home instead of merly "asking nicely", or they'll somehow magically find their way back home on their own. Really? Tell that to the OP of this thread who slammed his car into an escaped cow!

And then, for no good reason you move on to escalate into your habitual insulting USA bashing by suggesting that American farmers mistreat their livestock, thus leading to their animals mistrusting them.

From there you try to imply that the Holstein breed of cattle is different to "us"? Well, FYI, the breed happens to have originally been developed by the Dutch and the Germans who first brought them to America. They are very popular in the dairy industry globally because they have the highest milk production of any breed. They are in fact the most widespread cattle breed in the world; present in more than 150 countries. While there are some different characteristics bred into Holsteins, this has to do with what they are used for, not their disposition.

As for your remark that Danish cows are similar to Swedish cows and so perhaps, as you imply more "cooperative", you obviously didn't notice that the escaped cow in kamkar's video happens to be a Holstein. Several of the cows in the Swedish girl's video are also Holstein cattle.

SO, ENOUGH WITH THIS CRAP!

And BTW, no, a Holstein is not a Swedish Red & White. (but there is a Holstein Friesian cow in your photo) They are Black & White. ;)

Sure it's not a Swedish Red and White?

holstein.jpg

swede.jpg

Last edited:
It is by no small amount the yield from a milk cow have gone up in the past 100 years or even just half of that :eek:
The oldest cattle race here, that are still existing are dating back to the 17 - 1800, but of course not cattle you will find in either a dairy or meat production.
The breed was also modified with cross breading with dutch black & white cattle, but a estimated 100 cows are still here today, these are called "The Jutland cattle"

BZS5_GGGj-Y7UwcPvthHRWVrf4KHxKSwFxwFJzNkonVIVBJ0OsxyjpTeelAyhlnjsI6hoVBccgzaqH1IuVqxyjLfUvyeJox51JFIdV-t_eQvm9PFv16fSpTPghKisj7X52ldciC6q-xfrIhLdW3DOIgRZ4gDpp2x-Y4KCaMPwVWANSOyZSX8Z0r6pxNAvj98u5Tep4gsmrrluse1hEkZUNhfJOF8UA9R

First publication on the Danish cattle breeds was published as late as 1881.

So forget about fancy Japanese beef, we got something much more exclusive going on here.

Yes sadly my country got a dog law some years ago banning some breeds, in response to gangster types having large dogs they did not control or was even fighting ( also illegal here )
So again a law that hit pretty much all but the intended targets, they should have made a law saying criminals can not have dogs,,,,, Period.

Granted some dog breeds need more work, though if you look at bite events here,,,,,, it have never been the big dogs that are on the top of the list, O no it is the little dogs, with no training or care by the owners that is at the head of that statistics.
Very rare is the root of the problem the dog itself.

Those Dutch Black and White cattle you mentioned are related genetically to American Holsteins, so the Jutland cattle is a "cousin'" of sorts. Actually, Holsteins have their origins in Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, and France. The Friesian part of the name Holstein Friesian comes from the Dutch province of Freisland. Breeders later re-imported specialized dairy Holsteins from the United States to cross with the European black and whites. For this reason, in modern usage, "Holstein" is used to describe North or South American stock but its use in Europe, particularly in the North, "Friesian" denotes animals of a traditional European ancestry, bred for both dairy and beef use. Crosses between the two are described by the term "Holstein-Friesian".

Last edited:
We have the ancient Ox road here, this was a herding path for cattle from up here and down to Germany.
If you are stout you can still walk it or cycle it, but it is a 500 Km deal, in places you are actually walking on the old and to this day still visible "road"
Sections of it can be traced as far back as 4000 BC

We was cowboys long before people got to do that in the Americas. :)

We have a number of modern roads around here that were once cow paths like your ancient Ox road. A friend of mine lives on a road called Cow Path 40. I don't know its exact age but I think it may originally date back to colonial times or shortly thereafter. Some of the roads here were once native American foot trails that had been in use for many hundreds of years, perhaps longer.

cowpath.png

With something the size of a cow, like trucks they have the "right-of-weight" anytime they want it, and you ignore that only at your own peril :eek:

Too many years ago to count, I once helped the local Deputies 'herd' a loose cow who had been in the roadway into a fenced-in yard. Everyone felt victorious until we realized that this yard had no gate, so somebody was going to have to stay there until the situation was resolved or the cow would simply walk away and probably go back to the road we'd gotten them out of. I may have been one of the first to realize this as I quietly but quickly slipped away to leave them with the problem. I never found out how the story ended but I did let that be the end of my days as a "cowboy".

It's not a good feeling to know you've been outsmarted by a cow :LOL:

Phil

In the dead of night fishing in the local Karup river i once caught a cow on the back stroke on my fly rod.

Had to chase the damn thing all around the field in and among its friends and allies to unhook the poor animal.
Thank god it did not panick too much, but after that and fishing in the middle of the night not really being productive, i retired to my car to smoke a little weed and wait for the sun to come up so i could catch the morning fishing before driving the 100 KM home.

Back