Cowon AW1 -- heated--

Not hot, burning the lens.
I live in the north, not hot, As in Ireland.

Not hot, burning the lens.
I live in the north, not hot, As in Ireland.

Ireland is not hot at all, mostly mild weather, hens many locals fly to other hot countries, as well as Spani ( north, sounth, etc )

Anyway, - your complaint is burning lens , - what do you mean ?

The camera heats up a lot but the burning lens, it's not normal, I've never seen anything like it.
I have lowered the resolution but still the same.

The camera heats up a lot but the burning lens, it's not normal, I've never seen anything like it.
I have lowered the resolution but still the same.
Burning lens, - under fire, melted, or just lens surface is too hot ?, what do you mean under burning lens ?
I have aw1 and never had problem like you describe.

Entire lens, shooting in 15 minutes the camera can not touch.

I consulted the service of Cowon and unresponsive.

Entire lens, shooting in 15 minutes the camera can not touch.
My daily driving was max 1h continuously. Within this period all worked fine. Maybe its a climate difference.
Can you try testing recording inside home for 1h if it will give same heating issue or not.

I consulted the service of Cowon and unresponsive.
Usually it takes 2-3 work days to replay from official Cowon rep.
Try to write to the seller you bought it from.

Sorry but no biggie temperature are 15 degrees today.
I bought it on Ebay, the seller either Korean replies, everyone washes their hands.

Sorry but no biggie temperature are 15 degrees today.
I bought it on Ebay, the seller either Korean replies, everyone washes their hands.
What is eBay shop name ?

imgBuddyBig4.gif

funfunkorea

I can see that overall he has a good feedback, however he is a small seller. Probably a private person who gets local grey market stock without authorised warranty service support ( its just my assumptions ).
How long ago you paid ?
Did you use a PayPal funds or Paypal credit card payment ?

This purchase was a disaster, the Spanish customs confiscated the dashcam 60 € fee.
I am within Paypal, I can make a claim, I think it will be the only solution. I paid with funds from my account.
I got it because I like the camera and the recording is wonderful.

This purchase was a disaster, the Spanish customs confiscated the dashcam 60 € fee.
I am within Paypal, I can make a claim, I think it will be the only solution. I paid with funds from my account.
I got it because I like the camera and the recording is wonderful.
Yeah, this model deserves attention. From functionality point of view I must say it is one of the most advanced from all wifi ones I had. Day and night quality is fair. Maybe only low bit-rate would puts it down compare to some other high-end dashcams but overall price vs value ( functions ) I think is fair.

If you paid using PP finds you can make claim up to 45 days. I paid via PP using a credit card funds then 60-90 days depending on your credit card company policy.
Hope you can sort out this quickly.

I thought changing the settings might solve the problem.
Thanks for everything, it's been a pleasure talking to you.

Back