COWON AW1 - Internal Battery

aussiedudley

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Does anyone have the details on a supplier that has the internal battery for the AW1?
Mine has finally expanded and died and I just need to replace this component?

Just open it up and check the size, there will be something suitable available, doesn't need to be from them

Yeah there are plenty of 1 cell LIPO batteries to be found online from finder nail size to the size of a post card, just a matter of finding the right size, which can be a little problematic to measure of the old one have swollen up.
I even have a single 350 MAH battery i got for a small RC car, but it was too small in the sense it needed a 2 cell battery to work

Just google lipo battery + XXX MAH ( what ever size mah you need )

You can most probably find a 1 cell battery locally meant for use in small drones or something, main thing is its the size you need, thickness are probably going to be 4 mm or less

I don't know which cell they use exactly but it will likely be something like this

Just open it up and check the size, there will be something suitable available, doesn't need to be from them
Hi @jokiin ,
I would like to replace the 95mAh LiPo battery with a pair of capacitors. Is there a risk to damage something or any security risk by doing this (capacitor explosion ?) ?

On the Cowon AW1

will it explode, highly unlikely, will it work though, also highly unlikely unless they also made it as a capacitor version, the charge circuit is designed accordingly, and the firmware is configured correctly, if you want to keep it going replacing the battery with another is going to be the best way to get some more life out of it

I have a pair of capacitors, I will make a try.
I'm bored to always change these dangerous LiPo batteries

For who is interested to replace the battery, I have found the perfect size replacement with a 200mAh instead of original 95mAh.
Replacement successfully done.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32910398952.html

batter10.png

Back