CPL filter fell off

iShibby

Reaction score
Country
Australia
My B1W was sat in the sun today, nothing too hot 28C and when I went to drive home the CPL filter just fell off.

I tried to push it back on but it’s really loose now, really strange.

Anyone else experienced anything like this?

Put a small piece of tape under the edge so that it becomes a tight fit.

Given the design, I'm surprised a few more don't fall off, they must be very accurately made, but falling off is better than being impossible to put on!

My B1W was sat in the sun today, nothing too hot 28C and when I went to drive home the CPL filter just fell off.

I tried to push it back on but it’s really loose now, really strange.

Anyone else experienced anything like this?
PM me your order number, and I will ask the seller to send you a new CPL. But not sure if the new CPL can fit well!

I have the same issue. I got one of the test cpls and fits perfect. I bought another one and just falls right off. If I compare the first one to the new ones they are cutting them slightly more shallow. Ive tried two and both the new ones do the same thing. I gave up.

I received my second one but it was exactly the same, in fact the glass lens fell out of the housing of the new one. It really is a terrible design for such a great dashcam.

I ended up doing what Nigel suggested above and put a thin piece of electrical tape around the lens and it fits nice and snug now. Will see if it holds up in the heat.

I received my second one but it was exactly the same, in fact the glass lens fell out of the housing of the new one. It really is a terrible design for such a great dashcam.

I ended up doing what Nigel suggested above and put a thin piece of electrical tape around the lens and it fits nice and snug now. Will see if it holds up in the heat.
I think the problem was that the CPL was an afterthought, so had to fit the existing camera. Most of them do seem to fit well though.

Electrical tape normally works fine, although I normally put it on 1 side of the CPL sticking out as a tab rather then around the lens, much easier to fit, if that makes sense.

Yeah I get you. Will see how it holds up in this Aussie heat and adjust if needed.

Back