CPL Filter for BlackVue 900S

Omega-TI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S-2CH
I ran across this polarizing filter for the BlackVue 900S front camera. Does anyone here have any experience with it? Was it worth it?
It looks like you can slide it back and forth for day or night driving, but do you?

I ran across this polarizing filter for the BlackVue 900S front camera. Does anyone here have any experience with it? Was it worth it?
It looks like you can slide it back and forth for day or night driving, but do you?

View attachment 46196

Yes, they are Ok. No problem with the ones I got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Been a popular seller for us, definitely helps with reducing glare and reflection.

Been a popular seller for us, definitely helps with reducing glare and reflection.

I also saw this << THIS ONE >> it's adjustable and covers the whole lens. I may end up getting this one... unless someone has something bad to say about it in the next day or two.

A CPL are mostly always worth it, but for the 900S that don't have all that good low light performance i would not leave the CPL on all the time.
Also in regard to the adjustable one you link to, as long as its not "too adjustable" meaning you can easy get it out of tune by accident, cuz that might be a problem with a filter you move around.
Once set you really should not need to adjust" a CPL filter again.

A CPL are mostly always worth it, but for the 900S that don't have all that good low light performance i would not leave the CPL on all the time.
Also in regard to the adjustable one you link to, as long as its not "too adjustable" meaning you can easy get it out of tune by accident, cuz that might be a problem with a filter you move around.
Once set you really should not need to adjust" a CPL filter again.

I just ordered the Polarizit version as it's adjustable, and looked the best. Honestly only about 20% of my driving is at night and I'll probably be too absent minded or lazy to mess with it once it's installed.

I just ordered the Polarizit version as it's adjustable, and looked the best. Honestly only about 20% of my driving is at night and I'll probably be too absent minded or lazy to mess with it once it's installed.

I have this one on my DR900S and it works perfectly. They actually come "pre-tuned" but just double check. The lens doesn't easily get unadjusted.

As for @kamkar1 it actually doesn't substantially hinder night video. People seem to think the 900 is terrible at night when it really isn't.

I know its by no means garbage, but compared to the best 1080P sensors it do fall behind in low light.
And i am sure even with the CPL on at night you will still have the most important stuff, that be your own driving in accordance to road / lane markings - speed and color of intersections, and those few things can disproof most outrageous claims some people with come up with to save their own skin.

I know its by no means garbage, but compared to the best 1080P sensors it do fall behind.
And i am sure even with the CPL on at night you will still have the most important stuff, that be your own driving in accordance to road / lane markings - speed and color of intersections, and those few things can disproof most outrageous claims some people with come up with to save their own skin.

I will concede that during the winter months unless I am driving during the day in a lot of sun I don't leave the CPL on. But my commute is entirely in the dark during those months.

Yes the order of the day for us that live up north, i am just glad i am not northern Norway / Sweden north, cuz up there the sun go bye bye all together.
I have been up there in the summer when its the other way around and the sun never set, so fishing pretty much only stop when your shoulder and back say " i think thats enough fly fishing for today"

The Polarizit filter arrived today. For $40.00 I expected it to do a little bit better.
Anyway, I've posted the video below to show others what to expect if they are contemplating getting one for themselves.
I hope it's of help to someone.

Attachments

• CPL Filter Label.jpg
    CPL Filter Label.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 8
I bought the cheaper priced filter that was posted on one of the threads for the 900.. Works great...just took a very long time to get to the states.. and now with the trade stuff going on..might take even longer

Back