CPL filter for Mini 0801

Terrum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm wondering how people have gone about getting a CPL filter for the Mini 0801. I looked at the thread on this forum which had a tutorial on making your own with a 3D printer service and unfortunately it was too much hassle for me and would end up costing more than just buying a CPL filter for a different camera and DIY'ing it - which is exactly what I have done.

I bought a CPL filter for a Mini 0806 and currently I'm applying it with some sticky tack which works a treat. But I have to replace the tack each time I take it off for night recordings. So I'm wondering if there's some sort of small metal ring I can stick to the camera which will allow the lens to magnetically stick to the camera as it should (I think the lens has a magnet in it already?)

Anyway, what would anyone recommend? Or what measurements of a metal ring should I stick on the camera?

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

I bought the GGS brand magnetic CPL filter. Seems like 22mm must be a popular size for an expensive camera because someone wanted $100 usd for one on eBay.

So I bought the 26mm size for $12.

I attached the metal ring to the camera body using 1/8" thick double sided tape. The metal ring is attached to a round piece of glass so it won't mount on the camera directly because of the protruding lens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back