CPL filter

lacibaci

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there a specific CPL filter for 0903? I just received CPL for 0806 and it does not fit 0903. The lens on 0903 protrudes about 1mm out.

This is the one I got:
71ZiHxaZOFL.jpg

Here you can see the problem (lens sticking out):
P1030302.JPG P1030303.JPG

Here is what you need:
P1030301.JPG

And the result:
P1030308.JPG P1030309.JPG P1030310.JPG P1030311.JPG

Perfect fit! Make sure that the ring is ferromagnetic (iron, steel) Copper will not work.

I got the 24mm cpl filter for 0805. It looks like a fit too. My 0805 is magnetized and it stayed on without having to add a ring, like your picture.

nanoQ also has a magnet but the lens sticks out too much. Without the ring, the CPL was resting on top of the lens.

Great idea! What is that ring you used?

It's just a piece of wire I sanded down. Remember, it must be ferromagnetic for it to work well.

Yes same problem here... let's see if I can find something fitting ;-)

Sound like they should adapt the manufacturing process so that the old CPL filters fits, should not be a big problem to fix.

My 0806 CPL fitted the 0903 perfectly!

I guess the 0903 lens got longer since the prototype and they forgot to move the magnet?

Edit: Could be that it is my 0806 CPL that is different from standard!

Yes the new lens is "sticking out" too far, so the cpl can't sit on top of it anymore without touching the glass of the lens

Yeah, they just probably forgot, I think they will correct that if they get the information, and can fix that in up coming batches.

Perhaps some other improvements as well, but I guess they will have to rely on user feedback for that. It is one thing to
get a product out there, and another to work out all the kinks or problems with the initial product.

Yes changing the way the GPS cable is connected to the mount is another thing they should fix. The way it is at the moment is just made to be ripped out sooner or later...

Yeah, they just probably forgot, I think they will correct that if they get the information, and can fix that in up coming batches.
Perhaps some other improvements as well, but I guess they will have to rely on user feedback for that. It is one thing to
get a product out there, and another to work out all the kinks or problems with the initial product.

we used 500pcs A lens and 500pcs B lens so we will get the reject rate data soon.
the plastic will be modify according the choice.

Yes changing the way the GPS cable is connected to the mount is another thing they should fix. The way it is at the moment is just made to be ripped out sooner or later...

for now the only choice is use a small cable which was inside 801/805/806 but take it out and place there.
maybe you guys can help to give more thoughts. :)

I think the solution as is now would work, if the cable was longer. At the moment it is so short, that it will be pulled out if you move the cam in the GPS mount too far back.

just increased from 45mm to 55mm when we got a feedback from a DCT member days ago, i forgot who it is

Interesting reading the ideas of fixing the CPL filter and I have come up with a solution that might help those with the lens protruding beyond the surround.
I have a Mivue 518 but the lens is flush with surround. I bought the same 24mm CPL as shown here but then wondered how to attach it. Looked at magnetic rings but none had an i/d of 19mm and they were too thick which could cause vignetting. Then I had a brainwave, shims which I have bought off Ebay 19mm x 26mm x 0.5mm. I intend to magnetise the shim and attach it with double sided adhesive tape. For those whose lens protrudes, then stick 2 or more together.

Hi,
Does anyone have a link to buy a CPL filter to fit the 0903? I don't really want to try to figure out how to magnetize shims and such.

This auction is cheap, but the seller says it will not work: https://www.ebay.com/itm/321978593915
Thanks!

Hi,
Does anyone have a link to buy a CPL filter to fit the 0903? I don't really want to try to figure out how to magnetize shims and such.

This auction is cheap, but the seller says it will not work: https://www.ebay.com/itm/321978593915
Thanks!
This is the one I used. Depending on the 0903 lens, it may or may not fit without a shim. If your lens sticks out a little you will need to make a shim.

This is the one I used. Depending on the 0903 lens, it may or may not fit without a shim. If your lens sticks out a little you will need to make a shim.
thanks.. i'll just go for it :)

Back