CPL filter

saltis

Reaction score
Country
Norway
My Blackvue 750s definitely needs one but they cost too much. They are included when you buy a Street Guardian.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have attached a Nextbase polarised filter to the front of my 750

Would you please share a picture of this?

I turned up a plastic adaptor on my lathe, but I'm certain there must be other methods of doing it. I'll post a photo tomorrow.

I turned up a plastic adaptor on my lathe, but I'm certain there must be other methods of doing it. I'll post a photo tomorrow.
I also would like to see a picture, this sounds neat!

Surely if you have a NextBase CPL and a lathe and a bit of plastic you can work out what to do?

ID to match BV cam lens OD. OD to match ID of NB CPL. Make it as short as you can to avoid vignetting.

Unfortunately a pic is pretty difficult as I can't take one from inside the car because of glare and I can't take one from the outside because you can't see anything.
Ah ha, I hear you say, take the damn camera out of the car then. I can't do that either as I have shimmed the camera - bracket fit to stop it rattling around in the breeze and it won't come out easily. Sorry.:(

Surely if you have a NextBase CPL and a lathe and a bit of plastic you can work out what to do?

ID to match BV cam lens OD. OD to match ID of NB CPL. Make it as short as you can to avoid vignetting.

Unfortunately a pic is pretty difficult as I can't take one from inside the car because of glare and I can't take one from the outside because you can't see anything.
Ah ha, I hear you say, take the damn camera out of the car then. I can't do that either as I have shimmed the camera - bracket fit to stop it rattling around in the breeze and it won't come out easily. Sorry.:(
Understood, no worries. Was curious is all, thanks for sharing!

I'll have another stab at taking it out tomorrow. I might be able to rotate it to a position in which I can get a sensible shot at it.

Having had a look at the BlackVue (BV) lens cap, I feel that it could be used as a 'holder' for the CPL filter that fits the Nextbase (NB) 315. the outside diameter (OD) is slightly smaller than the inside diameter (ID) of the NB filter. Yje NB filter is stuck to the front of the NB cam with a double sided sticky annular ring, and the filter itself can then be rotated as required.

If a hole were to be cut into the front of the BV lens cap, then the NB CPL could be stuck to the lens cap without a problem as long as the lens cap is strong enough when the hole has been drilled. To give the cap extra strength, it could in turn be glued to the front of the BV cam.

The NB CPL ID is a tad bigger than the OD of the BV lens cap, but there is plenty of overlap on the annular sticky ring to secure the CPL to the BV lens cap.

I'll have a look at my BV later to try to get a sensible photo or two. I'm off out in a few mins.

Here you go.

DSC01572.JPG
DSC01573.JPG
DSC01574.JPG
Nextbase sticky ring
DSC01575.JPG
BlackVue lens cap with ring offered up
DSC01576.JPG
From above.
DSC01577.JPG
I think that if I were doing it again, I would go down the lens cap route.

@admin/moderator
This thread should be in a general BlackVue section, not restricted to the 750S 1CH section.

@admin/moderator
Seems that you have hidden this thread away somewhere that I can only find by searching for my username.
This thread, CPL Filter, cannot be found under Blackvue as is implied by the top of the page. ????
CPL filter

Based on @evad's note, I installed Viofo A119 CPL filter with Blackvue dr750s front camera. It's been about 5 days since installation; the filter stays in place and works well. A119 CPL filters are available widely for $15-$20.
Here is a video demo:

How do you attach Viofo filter on 750S ?

And here you have photos from various parking mode options with CPL filter (+ CPL) and without CPL filter (-CPL) and different settings of night vision goggles from 1 to 5.

Attachments

• FRONT_NORMAL+CPL_1.jpeg
    FRONT_NORMAL+CPL_1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • FRONT_NORMAL-CPL_1.jpeg
    FRONT_NORMAL-CPL_1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • FRONT_NORMAL+CPL_2.jpeg
    FRONT_NORMAL+CPL_2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • FRONT_NORMAL-CPL_2.jpeg
    FRONT_NORMAL-CPL_2.jpeg