CPL for BlackVue?

SoCalCJ

Reaction score
Country
United States
seen one post on getting a part from the Netherlands as a bracket and using a aftermarket lens , but since then has anyone made a ready kit to mount a CPL on a BlackVue ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi thanks for the reply, seems like it is just the plans for a 3d printer, not a finished part right? one site had $3.67 but I believe it was again just the plans...so it there a group buy or any place I can buy the part...the piece to attach the lens

(Got a note from Shapeways today - April 8. They are having bad website problems. Checkout their stuff later.)

The Shapeways and Sculpteo websites offer the finished part, not the STL design.

Here is a link to the designs I have at Shapeways:

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/ErewhonGadgets

This is what the Shapeways product list looks like:
shapeways-page_zpsedxejits.jpg

Here is a link to the designs (the same ones) that I have at Sculpteo:

http://www.sculpteo.com/en/s/markfisher58958/

This is what the Sculpteo product list looks like:
sculpteo-page_zpsurvpbbxs.jpg

The prices may be different depending on where in the world you are ordering from. Shipping cost can be significant. I am charging no mark-up on any of the items - that means I get absolutely nothing from the sales. Shapeways or Sculpteo get all the revenue and profit.

I recommend the plastic material at Sculpteo or the strong & flexible plastic from Shapeways. They are actually both the same material - a fine nylon powder fused in a laser sintering 3D printer. Order the adapter in white and paint it yourself, or order the black dyed product. The texture is somewhat like medium grade sandpaper, and I have found that the best appearance comes from light sanding and painting. However, the current adapter in my car is just the plain black dyed product.

Left to right are the three designs that I know have sold, top selling at the left. (Sculpteo does not report to me any sales that have no mark-up.)
all-three_zps5fa114b1.jpg

The left clip-on holds very well. It may move slightly when you remove the filter, but it snaps back into place automatically. The middle press-on will probably need a bit of sanding and maybe even adhesive for a tight custom secure fit. The right bolt-on is rock-solid but a bit clunky looking.

The Carry Speed 36mm CPL Mag Filter must be ordered separately. The adhesive backed magnetic ring to the right fits permanently to my adapter. The magnetic filter on the left can be easily removed and replaced and rotated.
MagFilter_with_ring_zpsga6zucq0.jpg

See the rest of the original thread for more hints. I maybe able to provide the STL design files if you have access to a 3D printer (depends on the STL file size), but typical home 3D printers may not have the precision needed.

Last edited:
thanks for the help, wow this just got me totally set up///very cool , thanks again!

erewhon, let me take this opportunity to thank you for the effort and time you put in in making the mount for the CPL for the DR500Gw DVR, what must have been in 2013, 2 years, where has all this time gone

I followed your thread and ended up getting the mount and the CPL you advised and was very happy with it, the mount fitted the DR500 like a glove (shame the DVR wasn’t as good) I’ve since moved to a mini 0805 and with my limited skills was trying to adapt the mount for the DR500 to the mini 0805 but unsuccessful

any suggestion how I could design a mount for the mini 0805 or if anyone has read done one? I don’t have the software for STL files

many thanks and kind regards

Thank you Jokiin, do you know if it was a commercial mount and available to buy or one that had to be made up by an 08** owner/user?

Thank you Jokiin, do you know if it was a commercial mount and available to buy or one that had to be made up by an 08** owner/user?

it was 3D printed, @Pier28 might be able to point you in the right direction as he had one back when he first had an 0801

Pier, I followed the link to your friend who was making them and got to Facebook but the massage was “product is not available”.

I already have the CPL Mag filter I was using with my Blackvue I can use, so was thinking.

I’ve measured the lens OD diameter on the 0805 and its 17.21mm Ø. On the blackvue, the mount (for the CPL) ID 20.65 mm Ø while the lens OD on the DVR is 20.44mm Ø a difference od - 0.21

on advantage on the 0805 that the Blackvue doesn’t have is, around the lens barrel it has a minimum of 3.5mm of flat surface and then to the centre of the 0805 where there are those perforations, a large flat surface,

My old Blackvue mount was held on to the DVR lens barrel by friction as the mount diameter was about 0.21mm smaller then the lend barrel, could I not do the same with the 0805?

Have a (for a better word) a plastic material with a thickness of 1.5mm and an OD diameter of 32mm, same size as the one for the Blackvue that works OK with the Mag filter I own. then have the ID hole 17mm, same difference as on the Blackvue - 0.21mm

this way (hopefully) the friction will hold the mount and CPL to the 0805

the mount something like this images of plastic washers, I found these images from google, but this explains my thoughts

Pier, I followed the link to your friend who was making them and got to Facebook but the massage was “product is not available”.

I already have the CPL Mag filter I was using with my Blackvue I can use, so was thinking.

I’ve measured the lens OD diameter on the 0805 and its 17.21mm Ø. On the blackvue, the mount (for the CPL) ID 20.65 mm Ø while the lens OD on the DVR is 20.44mm Ø a difference od - 0.21

on advantage on the 0805 that the Blackvue doesn’t have is, around the lens barrel it has a minimum of 3.5mm of flat surface and then to the centre of the 0805 where there are those perforations, a large flat surface,

My old Blackvue mount was held on to the DVR lens barrel by friction as the mount diameter was about 0.21mm smaller then the lend barrel, could I not do the same with the 0805?

Have a (for a better word) a plastic material with a thickness of 1.5mm and an OD diameter of 32mm, same size as the one for the Blackvue that works OK with the Mag filter I own. then have the ID hole 17mm, same difference as on the Blackvue - 0.21mm

this way (hopefully) the friction will hold the mount and CPL to the 0805

the mount something like this images of plastic washers, I found these images from google, but this explains my thoughts

Try contacting them directly. I'm sure he has the STL file.

http://www.makexyz.com/printer/lasergnomes?printer=79ed64ca411f3e0fa59e5df5260ace9b

Mind 2 Matter llc, Formally "LaserGnomes"

http://www.lasergnomes.com

Back