CPL has turned orange and losing date/ time.

will work just fine, the power draw is very small, although we rate ours at 1 month standby for the RTC in practice I've seen over 9 months of standby, it only keeps the clock, nothing else so it's really minimal

Okay, I was pondering if that could be part of the problem.

We've got 3 days forecasted at over 40C next week so that will be a good test for the new battery.

48 hours to charge and months to go flat means it doesn't take much activity to keep it charged up enough

When my car was in semi-storage for 6 months I used to keep the unit indoors and plug it into a PC port for a few hours just to keep it charged. Did the same with my Garmins.

Once plugged in, the device 'properties' display will often tell you the % charge it thinks the unit has.

Once plugged in, the device 'properties' display will often tell you the % charge it thinks the unit has.
that is nothing to do with the charge state of the RTC battery, powering them up from time to time is a good idea though regardless

Yes, I was looking at the vehicle sitting 24hrs and only getting driven 10 minutes a day. It does do longer trips every two weeks or so (so should be okay.)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G A119 1
M A119 2
Back