CPL Lens Filter for Panorama II ( Jacobs 49mm Super Slim )

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
NB!
ANY DIY MAY VOID WARRANTY OF THE PRODUCT !
ACT ON YOUR OWN RISK !!!
...................................................................................

Tried before this project a 37mm CPL filter, but due to too wide Panorama II lens FOV it had about 5mm dark shadow in the edges of video, so I went and bought Jacobs Super Slim 49mm. I think maybe 45mm worked as fine, but just to be sure I bought 49mm.

Below is step by step how I did lens cpl filter for Panorama2 ( Powerucc )
Work process starts in every picture from top left to top right, then bottom left to bottom right and so on, another words: left - right, left right ;)

a1.jpg a2.jpg a3.jpg a4.jpg a5.jpg a7.jpg a8.jpg a9.jpg

Last edited:
Good job, Niko :)
I want to use CPL filter for my Gt-680W . When we plugged filter, modify the settings of the camera are we going to do? What are these set values? (white balance ect?)

Sorry my bad english. (I'm using google translate) :)

Good job, Niko :)
I want to use CPL filter for my Gt-680W . When we plugged filter, modify the settings of the camera are we going to do? What are these set values? (white balance ect?)

Sorry my bad english. (I'm using google translate) :)

Thanks.
CPL filter meant more for day use to remove a glare so no need changing any values from menu.
Its best to remove cpl filter for night, so i recommend you to make quick / easy removable cpl filter solution.

Thank you for your answer :) your CPL filter solution is very simple and useful. I think ,I'm going to do something similar

Thank you for your answer :) your CPL filter solution is very simple and useful. I think ,I'm going to do something similar

If you doing fo gt680w, I recommend to use step down cpl lens adapter and some washer type magnets for quick attach-detach.

37mm CPL filter is suitable forGt68W ?. Did you try this size filter on gt680w before. Do you think the loss of image edges... My camera is still in cargo.
So that I don't try now. What would you recommend for filter size ,37mm or 49 mm..Thank you in advance for answers

Last edited by a moderator:
upsss :( I can't see that topic. thanks for reply

Strange. I checked url again and all works.
Try search: diy cpl

Not your or system failure. That's my fault. I'm a rookie user.;)

Hi Niko, how was the quality with this CPL vs what you get with the standard Panorama one?

I've got a 52mm CPL due today and am intrigued to see how it compares to the cheap 27mm one I had.

Hi Niko, how was the quality with this CPL vs what you get with the standard Panorama one?

I've got a 52mm CPL due today and am intrigued to see how it compares to the cheap 27mm one I had.

I've tried both secondhand & new NZ$120 CPL filters. And haven't noticed any significant between the two. NB I am not a photo/video grapher AND also haven't tried an exhaustive examination, like reviewers do.

One thing I have noticed. Is that if a 49mm cpl is used, then it MUST be precisely fitted, to eliminated vignetting. If you make a custom mount, like I did, then a 52mm fitting is easier to get right.

Thanks mate - I've not gotten around to trying the new one out yet as waiting for the cam to go back and then arrive again - fingers crossed it will all happen within a week or two. I've got a 39-52mm step up adaptor to try out with the cams here - the new lens is supposed to let the cam work one stop better so we'll see. If no new Panorama is due for six months I'm just going to buy one :)

Thanks mate - I've not gotten around to trying the new one out yet as waiting for the cam to go back and then arrive again - fingers crossed it will all happen within a week or two. I've got a 39-52mm step up adaptor to try out with the cams here - the new lens is supposed to let the cam work one stop better so we'll see. If no new Panorama is due for six months I'm just going to buy one :)

It would be nice to know when we can expect a new model:)

I havnt got chance to do side by side yet.

Back