CPL Vibration

chris-s

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR750S-2CH, DR750X-2CH, A129-DUO, many others...
Hi all,

I have many audio vibrations with the CPL.
Is there an easy way to fix it ?

Is the filter loose in the holder? Fix with a tiny bit of UV glue.

Is the holder loose on the camera? Fix with a tiny bit of Blutack / Patafix.

The holder loose on the camera. But I dont like Patafix or so because texture is changing with heat and sun.

I would modify the holder plastics so it grip the CPL filter itself better, if the problem is the holder not gripping the camera well i assume the same could be done there so it pinch harder down on the lens module.

Applying a little heat i would assume you could work the plastics of the CPL holder to perform better, you should probably not have the CPL filter itself in there while you do it.
I have never experienced this issue myself.

A tiny dab or two of UV cement will secure the filter holder in place on the camera lens. UV cement can easily and cleanly be removed if and when necessary.

Last edited:
A tiny dab or two of UV cement will secure the filter holder in place on the camera lens. UV cement can easily and cleanly be removed if and when necessary.
Agreed, if you generally want to keep the CPL installed day & night.

I used a little bit of blutack to stop a Viofo A129 CPL from rattling when I clipped it onto an SG9663DR camera. Just enough to pack out a half millimetre or so gap.

Agreed, if you generally want to keep the CPL installed day & night.

I used a little bit of blutack to stop a Viofo A129 CPL from rattling when I clipped it onto an SG9663DR camera. Just enough to pack out a half millimetre or so gap.

I wonder how many users here might actually remove their CPL at night and re-install it in the morning? My guess would be very few.

Thanks for tips.
If someone have another idea, I might be interested as well.
Of course, my CPL will stay in place at night ;)

I wonder how many users here might actually remove their CPL at night and re-install it in the morning? My guess would be very few.
Yes, a CPL is not really something that most people will remove regularly.

At this time of year much of my driving is in the dark, so I usually remove the CPL and only put it on if the sun is low, typically when I wear sunglasses for the same reason.

Yes, a CPL is not really something that most people will remove regularly.

At this time of year much of my driving is in the dark, so I usually remove the CPL and only put it on if the sun is low, typically when I wear sunglasses for the same reason.

You are one of the very few then. So, considering how many cameras you have in your vehicle you remove and re-install all the CPLs?

Count me in as one of those who leave the CPL on year round regardless of the time of day/night - I've never felt the night videos were lacking due to having it on. Here's a quick clip from just last night. (Outside of windshield was filthy so I beg your forgiveness for that.)

https://youtu.be/8GjGdXexkH4

You are one of the very few then. So, considering how many cameras you have in your vehicle you remove and re-install all the CPLs?
I only have one CPL. And I accept that I'm in the minority when it comes to dashcam use.

I only have one CPL. And I accept that I'm in the minority when it comes to dashcam use.

Actually, considering how many of us here on DCT have multiple cameras, unusual configurations and like to experiment, you are in good company! :)

I've removed the CPL, I still have a vibration.
I suspect the GPS mount connection with the dashcam.
Any way to fix it ?

I've removed the CPL, I still have a vibration.
I suspect the GPS mount connection with the dashcam.
Any way to fix it ?

Did you install the EVA foam pad between the GPS mount and the camera? These pads should have shipped with your camera. That should fix your problem.

evapads.jpg

Last edited:
Are those pads designed to be placed bewteen mount and camera ?
I have no such pads in the box.

Are those pads designed to be placed bewteen mount and camera ?
I have no such pads in the box.
Yes, they are adhesive and mount on the back of the camera to prevent exactly the kind of vibrations you are describing. I've received them with my A119 V2 and V3s so I would assume they come with the A129 series that have the same housing and GPS design.

Maybe @VIOFO-Support can be of assistance?

The pads don’t come with the A129. A129 Camera movement on the mount usually isn’t an issue.

Thanks.
I will place some adhesive tape between mount and camera, as I did on the A118

Back