CPL visible in video

SndChsr

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I thought I've read this on another thread but my memory escapes me now. So when I put on the 24mm CPL that came with the camera, no matter how I adjust its fitment on the front lens, a tiny bit is always visible in the video. Usually the upper left corner. Am I doing something wrong here? I would imagine that the filter they ship with would fit the lens's FOV perfectly. At work ATM, but I can post a video later.

I have the same thing in the upper left corner. Had thought it was the corner of the black attachment block that's stuck to the windshield, but maybe it is the filter edge. I've kind of shrugged it off, but maybe there's a way to get a full clear view. Will watch this thread and maybe tinker w/ the cam. A wide angle lens like these do pick up thing in the periphery, and sometimes show "vignettes" in the corners.

I have the same thing in the upper left corner. Had thought it was the corner of the black attachment block that's stuck to the windshield, but maybe it is the filter edge. I've kind of shrugged it off, but maybe there's a way to get a full clear view. Will watch this thread and maybe tinker w/ the cam. A wide angle lens like these do pick up thing in the periphery, and sometimes show "vignettes" in the corners.
You're absolutely correct. The wide angle of view on these lenses does pick up pretty much anything. I'm just disappointed in the choice of the CPL for this camera. It's a generic, one size fits all. I would've loved to see something designed especially for this cam, like the one for the wedge shaped Viofo. The ring thickness of this filter is too wide and thus gets picked up by the lens. Meg-Tech should've designed something proprietary for this cam.

it needs a larger diameter filter for it not to show any vignetting, practicality of the design to do that is a challenge, viewing angle of the lens is a determining factor

it needs a larger diameter filter for it not to show any vignetting, practicality of the design to do that is a challenge, viewing angle of the lens is a determining factor
Exactly. It would be nice if one was made with that in mind. It is very useful.

If too big size CPL,it looks a little ugly to add?

If it becomes too annoying, and there is no commercial solution, you could try making your own from one of the lens out of a pair of 3D glasses (passive type) and attach it with tiny amounts of blutac or a tiny bit of double sided sticky tape...

If it becomes too annoying, and there is no commercial solution, you could try making your own from one of the lens out of a pair of 3D glasses (passive type) and attach it with tiny amounts of blutac or a tiny bit of double sided sticky tape...
LOL! I might just do that. I wish these companies would approach things in a little bit more "professional" manner, other than having customers craft their own parts to make things work right. Sigh....

Back