CPL?

benjos

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SJ8 Pro, Rexing V1P Max, Dome D201, Xiaomi Yi
I'm still looking for a CPL to reduce windshield/dash glare. Does anyone know compatible parts that fit without vignette effects?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

i have seen people mod a adapter that will take a much larger filter on action cameras, those most often just slide over the plastic barrel surrounding the lens on the camera.
gopro-sjcam-oem---sj6-legend-action-camera-405mm-mc-uv-filter-lens-protector--gopro-gopro-covers--tasker-legetoej-117056-2.jpg

Some times they dont directly fit so you have to be a little creative with tape or something to enlarge diameter of "lens"

It's frustrating every camera lens mount has a different outside diameter! I bought a 58 mm filter adapter that fits GoPro Hero 4 and sanded the diameter to fit snugly on my original yi's, and the i.d. is too large for my Yi4k+!
Now I can't find another Hero 4 filter adapter!Arrrgh!

I'm still looking for a CPL to reduce windshield/dash glare. Does anyone know compatible parts that fit without vignette effects?

Suggest at least 52mm and adapter fitting on lens very close to cam face! I tried a 37 mm on my original yis and had to choose the close crop in the cam menu to prevent the vignetting! I found d a 58 mm filter adapter last year on EBay and sanded it oversize from the hero4 diameter to fit the xiaomi Yi cam lens larger size. diameter

i have seen people mod a adapter that will take a much larger filter on action cameras, those most often just slide over the plastic barrel surrounding the lens on the camera.
gopro-sjcam-oem---sj6-legend-action-camera-405mm-mc-uv-filter-lens-protector--gopro-gopro-covers--tasker-legetoej-117056-2.jpg

Some times they dont directly fit so you have to be a little creative with tape or something to enlarge diameter of "lens"
Did you have vignetting with that filter/adapter?is that 37mm?

I never used any kind of filter on a action camera, to me that is silly and kinda void the main purpose of a action camera ( beeing small and somewhat rugged )

I film birds on my feeder, and the 10+ close up filter blurs the background and sharpens the bird 4 inches away. Also very interesting effects are had with star filters!

I ordered this one and it fits and no vignette (I use distortion correction mode).

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32886...d=4887amp-_bPEL0qxhbnqIPemH0je1w1540617783296
Glass CPL Filter Polarizer Polarising + Lens Cap + Filter Ring Adapter for SJCAM SJ8 Pro Air Plus Action Camera UV Accessories

I've been using it for 2 months. the usage with the skeleton case (the SJcam plastic rectangle frame with quick release) requires pulling off the CPL since the skeleton case requires the camera to be inserted from the rear of the case. It is easy to remove the CPL unlike for the Xiaomi Yi.

Back