CR500 and live video output

FSC830

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I am thinking of connecting the video output of the cam to the cars internal navigation display. In the manual for the Blackvue 400 series I found this statement:

[spoil]If you use the [VIDEO OUT] port of BlackVue, the frame rate decreases.[/spoil]

Does this also apply to the Finevu CR500?
Connecting an external display decreases frame rate while recording? If so, to which frame rate does it drop, 25 fps, 20 fps ???

Regards

Edit: just answering myself... :D
The recorded files and the codec info still show 1080/30fps when playing with VLC. So it seems that fps are not decreasing with a connected display.

I am looking for a screen where I can put the video out cable in for live view. I dont have a navigation or internal screen where I can put it in or other device than a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.0. Does somebody now a device/screen so I can use the Tab as live view or a screen that is payable, I just want see what the cam is see, nothing more for now.

Hi,

i.e. you can use nearly every LCD monitor offered in e-Bay with an A/V IN connector. I used for testing purposes a 4" TFT screen with just a resolution of 640x480 (VGA). Picture was squeezed/stretched but usable. But this was only for mounting the cam. For monitoring it for a longer period of time or fixed installation I recommend a screen with a suffcient resolution and a size which fits your need best.

Regards

Thanks,

I going look for a A/V in screen, I am not sure of I want use it for a longer period. I will keep it in mind!

Back