Crackling sound

NomadTech

Reaction score
Country
United States
Got my 129 few days ago from OCD Tronic on Amazon. Video recordings are good, but sound is terrible, with lots of crackling making audio unusable. Is it anything I can do besides returning?

Do you hear anything if you shake the camera?

Nothing loose, if that's what you meant.

Could you share a video sample. Also are you using the supplied car charger and USB cable?

That's quite severe, sound like some sort of interference, could be a bad mic. Because the audio on the one I've been testing for the past few days is pretty good.

Tagging @OCD Tronic.

Thank you all for your replies. Just ran another test. I only get that crackling sound when camera is powered through GPS module. When powering camera directly, sound is good. It looks to me that GPS module has an issue. Wouldn't you say so?

Thank you all for your replies. Just ran another test. I only get that crackling sound when camera is powered through GPS module. When powering camera directly, sound is good. It looks to me that GPS module has an issue. Wouldn't you say so?
Could you try a different power cable or power the GPS from a powerbank?
Also disconnect it from the mount and remount it a few times... check that all the contacts look OK...

Also run the test a few more times just to make sure...

Just adding I haven't noticed any sound issues on mine.

No other reports of this. We don't have any spare parts available yet, so might be better to do a normal Amazon return for now if we can't figure it out. Let me know how it goes.

No other reports of this. We don't have any spare parts available yet, so might be better to do a normal Amazon return for now if we can't figure it out. Let me know how it goes.
Thank you for your answer. I did start the return and I also ordered 2 more. Camera is good so it has to be something wrong with GPS mount.

the cameras take beautiful video, thanks for sharing yours. I am installing mine this weekend

Currently we can not confirm if it is caused by the GPS mount.
We only found one camera have this issue due to the MIC short circuit while do quality check, loose the plastic protective case for MIC .

Currently we can not confirm if it is caused by the GPS mount.
We only found one camera have this issue due to the MIC short circuit while do quality check, loose the plastic protective case for MIC .
Thank you for chiming in. I returned the defective camera to OCD Tronic and ordered, received and installed 2 new ones that work perfectly. You have a good product and I am happy.

Thank you for chiming in. I returned the defective camera to OCD Tronic and ordered, received and installed 2 new ones that work perfectly. You have a good product and I am happy.
Thanks. We will check with OCD for the return.

We will improve this in next batch, MIC will be moved to the PCB board.

Sorry to hear that. Did you try powering the camera directly ([port labeled USB) and not through GPS module?

I just tried powering it via the cam and not the gps module. Same noise problem

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CaptnEric A129 / 129 Duo 21
Back