Crazy Drives #12 - Run Off The Road

BlackCloud

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
2 x VIOFO A119s v2 (Front) : VIOFO A119 v1 (Rear)
Just posted my next episode

Just my observations:
You over reacted on the first one, you could have lost control of your vehicle. The minivan driver just moved into the space that you left for him. I didn't think that the pick up cut you off, perhaps he came a bit close because you'd crossed a solid white line.
I didn't see a problem with the 'car failing to yield in the parking lot'.

Just my observations:
You over reacted on the first one, you could have lost control of your vehicle. The minivan driver just moved into the space that you left for him. I didn't think that the pick up cut you off, perhaps he came a bit close because you'd crossed a solid white line.
I didn't see a problem with the 'car failing to yield in the parking lot'.

First clip, Yeah I was a bit spooked and overreacted a bit, I didn't know how far over they were going to take my lane with me there and the shoulder was clear so I took it as a way out. I do know the handling limits of my car and was prepared for anything. (Symmetrical AWD FTW)

The minivan was not let in. I was accelerating when it cut in with out warning.

The pick-up cut off wasn't that bad and dash cams make it look even farther than it really was but gave no indication prior to my crossing the white line (my mistake) that it wanted all the way over and there was no one behind me for a significant distance.

The green car in the last clip was the one that failed to yield. It really wasn't that bad either, but they were supposed to wait for the traffic entering the lot that we all had to slow in the middle of the intersection for and that light don't last long.

I'm not immune to bad behavior either, I do mess up every now and then. I do try to be a proper courteous driver.
Drive Safe!

Things to remember (myself included) when viewing dash cammer footage.:

The cam might see all, does not mean the driver saw it at the time. Hindsight can be 20/20 and that is what watching dash cam footage is like sometimes.

Just Like the passenger side mirror: Things in Dash cams are Closer than they Appear.

Drive Safe!
Cam On!

The minivan driver just moved into the space that you left for him

no, like he said, he was accelerating, just not quite as quickly as the truck ahead of him. this happens all too often - the van was quite obviously using the right-turn-only lane to cut in line. i have been known to match the speed of people like that van driver who are so obviously trying to be a dick and cut in line... i'm not sorry - you need to wait in line just like everyone else. it's called traffic. if you can't handle traffic, it's time to hang up the keys or move out into the country.

Back