Crazy Drives #20

BlackCloud

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
2 x VIOFO A119s v2 (Front) : VIOFO A119 v1 (Rear)
Yes nice hotrod.

Cyclists here can do that just legally, as they are off to the right and often up on a cycle path protected by a curb, it make no reason for the to stop even if traffic from the left have a green light.
In your case the cyclist are protected by a solid white line, which i assume cars must not cross, a 4-5 " tall curb would be better, after car ruin tire / wheel 1 time he/she will not do that again.
Here often at intersections you will also see "mini" lights for the cyclists, so their green period for going strait might be a little shorter than the one cars have.

cyclist lightbucket.jpg

Actually in a regular intersection the cyclist could do ( none of them do but it is legal ) go strait across the intersection ( green light ) to the corner on the other side, and there wait for a gap in traffic and then turn 90 degrees left and cross under red light.
It is perplexing me why people dont do that, some cross, wait for the intersection to turn green for the other direction and then go that way, others turn into traffic without looking much cross 2 lanes to get to the left turn car lane, where a cyclist have absolutely nothing to do.
I also think as a cyclist you are good to make a right turn under red, again as you are all the way to the right and probably go from one cycle path to another, you cant of course make a wide turn into traffic, its still your own bloody business to take care of your own well being.

Funny thing really, in some aspects we Danes have all the freedom one could ask for, but in many other things the all encompassing state take over and you have no freedom to do things.

Last edited:
Don't understand what that first one did wrong?

Aggressive driving will eventually get you into trouble!

I think its a right turn under red, which might be okay to do, but not if you are a nuisance to the other traffic with green light.
And forcing someone to brake or in my book just let off the throttle are a failure.
Now in that case he might have been able to go around and change to the other lane to the left, but the guy turning red should not force such depressions on another motorist in my eyes.
And we dont know is something was right there in that lane.
I intensely dislike if i turn onto a road from a side road, and have misjudged the distance / speed of other cars, and so with my poor decisions force them to brake or slow down in another way.
I do think that's the intent of traffic codes to as much as possible have it so what one motorist do do not cause a chain reaction for other motorists.

This is probably also why in Russia will be the last country with a few others where self driving cars are succeeding, there is simply too much WTF in traffic over there for any algorithm to take into account.
Other places with a traffic code that people in general keep to will be much better off.

to be honest today i saved a recording of a intersection where 3 cars in front of me had driven out into the intersection to turn left, but as Danes are now so accustomed to people running little yellow - very yellow - red lights, then the front car had to make sure that car that did stop for red light stopped, in which case it was so late that the cars turning right from the other side all had to wait for those 3 cars from my side had cleared out.

And it was all to blame on people going strait and not stopping for yellow light as the traffic code say you must, and as this is the norm people account for this putting a even larger delay on things which the timing of intersections are not coded for.
The yellow period among other things are there so people like the 3 in front of me can clear out before the other direction get a green light, but when people abuse yellow light the system collapse into anarchy.

This is also why when i am in the L turn lane and in the intersection, if the cars go strait and not stop for yellow i will move forward a foot or two to scare those idiots.
I would however prefer if every police station had 3 traffic cops that did nothing but write tickets out for people making poor decisions in intersections, there are no doubt they will easy be able to make their own salary in fines, and Danish traffic need that as the culture is going to hell in traffic too.

And forcing someone to brake or in my book just let off the throttle are a failure.
Im my view there was no need to brake, except that as soon as the other car started to pull out the cam car used full throttle. The other car pulling out just meant that the cam car couldn't stay at full throttle until it reached twice the speed limit!

Well there are the omnipresent "mutual consideration" in the Danish traffic code, but this vagueness is what a lot of people abuse.
And while i dont mind being a nice guy, then when people force me day after day, then it do get a bit old, and i do not like to bow to the will of such persons.

I can pretty much assure you, that if i had 2 cars, i would hit some people on purpose / not trying to avoid colliding, that van a few days ago turning into my lane over solid lines ASO to get into a L turn lane, we would have had our self a head on collision.

Back