Crazy Installation

netnode

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I had an auto shop install a Blackvue dashcam, they placed it under the front radar/sensor and then put the power magic pro in an inaccessible place, I eventually had them redo the install and move the camera away from the radar/sensor (as per Mitsubishi instructions) and move the power magic into the clovebox.

At that time the authorised dealer/installer told me that Blackvue Australia recommended the power magic be hidden, however, after contacting Blackvue Au they denied that.

Fast forward and a mate on my recommendation had the new car dealer arrange with an authorised installer to fit a Blackvue dashcam.

Exactly the same thing, installed too close to the radar/sensor and placed the power magic, God knows where.

He complained to the dealer and was also told that Blackvue Australia recommend the power magic be hidden.

I phoned Blackvue Au and was told that they make no suggestions as to installations and that it's at the discretion of the installer.

Why put a switch and settings on part of the system and then make in inaccessible?

Has this happened to you?

That is why I install my dashcams myself.
In the US the dealer will install as the customer requests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, fit it yourself and after at least two mugs of tea and a sore head you will have your non-rocket science custom installation that fits your needs exactly. Also, the story of fitting it is guaranteed to break the ice at parties.

Back