Crossing double yellow line

S21FOLGORE

Reaction score
Country
United States

Weekday late afternoon.
It's a little bit difficult to see in the video, but the first thing I noticed were two bicyclists.
As soon as I saw them, something in my head told to slow down, then, I saw the high beam coming directly toward me, on my lane ...

Somehow, this reminded me first Mad Max movie .

Was he apologizing or pointing at something on your vehicle? I wrote "vehicle" because what the hell are you driving to have the camera placed where it is? :eek::)

Looks like a motorcycle to me too,because hes leaning in left curve,only motorcycle riders do that,but position of his cam is weird and too low(too close to the ground).

Looks like a motorcycle to me too,because hes leaning in left curve,only motorcycle riders do that,but position of his cam is weird and too low(too close to the ground).

some people do run them on the fairings lower down, some bikes there are no suitable mounting locations higher up

some people do run them on the fairings lower down, some bikes there are no suitable mounting locations higher up
I guess that is the reason why the cam is so low.;)

in the US, i often see bikers point 1 finger at the ground as a way of waving hello to other bikers. strange that he'd do that while making an illegal and dangerous pass. double-yellow = DO NOT PASS. usually near bends or hills, and it looks like this one was because of the hill. lucky for that other biker that the camera person here wasn't driving a big 4-wheel (or larger!) vehicle!

in the US, i often see bikers point 1 finger at the ground as a way of waving hello to other bikers.
But why did he then point backwards?
Maybe to warn that there were some crazy people behind him driving on the correct side of the road?o_O

Another absurd example of someone putting lives at risk when waiting just a few seconds would have made it safe. I think some people aren't after the thrill of speed, but the adrenaline rush from nearly crashing.

...I think some people aren't after the thrill of speed, but the adrenaline rush from nearly crashing.
There's enough of it going around that there's some merit to that theory. :(

It look like the biker is gesturing towards the 2 cars he just passed, maybe it was their fault he was all the way over there in the other lane.

At least that's probably what go on in his head.

Looks like the lead car slowed to check oncoming traffic before passing cyclists (PA requires motorists maintain four feet between vehicle and cyclist, which consequently requires crossing double yellow lines in 12 foot lanes.) and following motorcyclist blasted passed both the lead and following car.

I do dislike when you are several in line behind to overtake something slow, the then instead of waiting his turn people from behind just blast thru as they have another view on what is safe, and maybe also a more powerful car.

Several times i have experienced that, and only avoided a crash as the very last thing i do before pulling out to overtake are looking in my mirror.

People like that should be forced to drive something severely underpowered for 3 months, not that i think they will learn from that, but the chance of them killing them self will go up, and then i or the society dont have to bother.

Back