Crows attack Hawk

No free meals on Crenshaw Blwd :)
At least that is what my brain tell me digging back to the old days when i tried hard to like that newfangled rap music.
BUT south LA as i recall

We have bird feeders and have had Hawks attack and nab squirrels smaller birds like doves. We have tried things to discourage the hawks from coming in with such moves as using reflective tape and moving the feeders into a more enclosed area in the yard. Apparently, one of the things that will scare hawks away is crows.

I think there is an element of truth to that as I see a fair number of crows, but little in the way of hawks, for the last few weeks around my homes

The bald eagle that was on the loose here was captured last week, and sent home to Germany where it "belong".
At my friends place we often see birds of prey, though not the very largest eagle we have in Denmark, but one of them are a decent size.

Haliaeetus albicilla and Aquila chrysaetosis the biggest eagles here, and they can get to over 2 M wingspan, they are also nickname the flying barn door.

iu

iu

Still very illusive here due to the country being so intensive farmed, and pollution and habitat destruction.
But both are on the up here so thats good.

Lots of what the locals call "Turkey Hawks" here and lots of watching other species of birds gang up on them harassing them until they leave the area. Still waiting for the Hummingbirds to arrive for the summer.

Phil

At my friends place a couple of the other birds can also harass the big birds, but it dont seem like they take much notice to it.
One of them nest in a row of trees between fields not far from my friends field, and you can often hear by the other birds there when it take to the wings.

No humming birds here in Denmark, but i just read a very rare little ( finch sized ) bird was spotted a few days ago, and also found dead a few hours after it was potographed as it apparently spent all its life force getting blown all the way up here.
They have only been spotted here 10 times since 1971.

971882da-10b7-43ff-8d93-d5fd559bdc11.jpg

157a84e9-dbbf-4c89-83ae-3e7c97d79165.jpg

The little bird are native to north Africa and southern Europe

Magpies, and Jays are fierce attackers.

Even the arch enemy are not safe.

I forgot to add...
We sail radio controlled model yachts on a local pond & a few years ago, we spied one of our local Sea Eagles (ie; that's ocean type sea).

It was just floating along, minding it's own business when out of the blue, two Peewees (Black & white birds but smaller than a Magpie), started "annoying the crap"
out of the Sea Eagle.

They really meant business, swooping in & out, taking it in turn to perform their aerial combat.

This continued for quite a while, when suddenly the Sea Eagle turned upside down, extended it's razor sharp talons & tried to grab one of the
Peewees as it made it's attacking lunge.

Luckily, the Peewee was able to veer off, being a much more agile & lighter bird & flew off a few meters to think about things.

The Sea Eagle just returned to it's normal flight orientation & glided on.

The pair were soon back into their attack formation, doing their best to drive The Beast away from the area.

It seemed that the Sea Eagle had had enough, coz it just kept flying away & never looked back.

The mum 'n' dad Peewees checked that The Beast had gone & then returned to their normal routine.

After all, all they were doing was to protect their feeding & breeding area from The Beast.

That's what the above ^^^^^ Crows were doing as well.
Magpies are more dangerous in their breeding season....coz they swoop on anyone who dares to invade their territory.

People have been blinded & seriously injured by these very territorial birds.
They particularly love anyone on a bicycle.
Luckily, you have to wear a crash helmet when pedaling along.

So...beware of anything in the sky. Look up & take care, especially in the breeding season.

Stay safe guys.

(Edited to add...)
ps. I usually video the RC yacht races but I didn't have the cam corder with me ATT.
Pity too, as it was something that I would've liked to record.

Last edited:
Yeah i learned that a helmet are a must in AU when cycling, not a bad idea, though here in Denmark thats not the case just a recommendation, only for e scooters - e cycles and mopeds are a helmet a must, and of course motorcycles. funny enough a quad bike registered as a car,,,,, no helmet needed,,,,,, which just show how stupid the law making branch are here.
So you can do,,,,, as fast as your quad bike can do,,,, like +100 km/h on the motorway,,,, wearing speedos and sunglasses and nothing else.

Even more funny to me, proper attire for motorcycle drivers are not needed, just the helmet, so you can go driving wearing speedos + a helmet and do 130 km/h on the motorway.

My country are NOT governed by sanity in any way, the agenda are something different and unknown to me even if my imagination are rather good.
But ! they do claim they have the interest of the people in mind, but i will have to quote a Australian and say "Nah need garlic change in government"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dash riposki Your Dash Cam Videos (recorded by you) 5
V Your Dash Cam Videos (recorded by you) 2
Back