Custom firmware BlackVue DR550GW-2CH

Al set up now in the car cant remember how to log in to the 550 on pc
as it had lots of adjustments it sees it but cant log in, Can you log into the 500 on pc or is this part of the custom firmware on the 550 as this had lots of adjustments.

cant seem to get the correct time all ready set to London

done it 6 hours later reset using time reset program but delete all recorded files first as they are date and timed stamped

Last edited:
Help ?

I think I am semi bricked.

Cameras recoreds to SD card, but wifi is no show. It turn on and off, but I cant see any SSID. I tried with 2 phones 1 tablet and 2 laptops.
SO now I can't access any of the settings or web interface.
Any ideas ?

thanks

Help ?

I think I am semi bricked.

Cameras recoreds to SD card, but wifi is no show. It turn on and off, but I cant see any SSID. I tried with 2 phones 1 tablet and 2 laptops.
SO now I can't access any of the settings or web interface.
Any ideas ?

thanks
describe your actions in Russian - will help here: http://car-dvr.info/forum/index.php?topic=221.0

Have you tried the original software just format the sd card in your pc then run the black Vue program on the pc so it updates the sd card then put back into your cam and let it update

Yeah, I tried to downgrade firmware, I went from 1.xx to custom, then down to 2.0

All i could find on blackvue site was 2.0. So after I initialized the SD card, Cam says updating firmware

It seems to go fine, I an pull the cd cards and see that it is still recording fine with correct time and location data.

However nothing can detect the wifi. The wifi button works in that it gives voice promt "wifi on" and the wifi icon turns on and off. Its just that I dont see an SSID.

I even tried to edit the config file entering in different SSID just to check. I even changed auto on status to make sure the config file was being accessed. Which it is, since
when I set auto to "0" it stays off and when set to "1" its starts with wifi light on.

I have a feeling something during the custom update maybe changed the drivers setting for the wifi modules. I think 2.0 firmware from blackvue is a patch, and not a full update. Maybe if I had a older firmware, I could try to full update, but I dont have access to any of the older firmware.

thanks

released an update to our custom firmware, version 1.1

what's new:
1. Fixed a bug when switching languages. Completely reworked the switching protocol.
2. The hardware timer can now be set in the web browser.
3. The settings now include an option to control the LEDs.
4. The video page has been completely redesigned.
5. The WiFi mode now supports 802.11n with an increased transfer speed rate.
6. Added option to stop activity, without rebooting the dashcam.
7. Added delay before you change the bitrate.
8. Maximum available bitrate expanded to 30Mbps. For those who feel adventurous.

thanks DashCamDave for correct translation

Last edited:
alexsoll are you planning anything that will increase the card size from 32GB to 64GB ??

Well I posted on the Russian site but was completely overlooked.
Guess I have a brick now.

Anyone have a copy of the older firmware ? Pre 2.0 eng from pittafost?

Thanks

Well I posted on the Russian site but was completely overlooked.
Guess I have a brick now.

Anyone have a copy of the older firmware ? Pre 2.0 eng from pittafost?

Thanks
1. Format memory card
2. Set the official firmware on the card.
3. Turn 550 and wait for initialization.

Also the new CFW v1.1 works absolutely perfect.

This time I installed it by first formatting the SD card with SD formatter, then made it fat32 with 32kb clusters, the old schol way with guiformat, and then re-installed 2.0 Stock, wich went trough with no problems. Then the procedure I already described in a previous post, the CFW update

No problems here. The new Version now also seem to have the bad pixel correction fix, which 1.0 did not seem to have... :cool:

@ptrout
Make sure you format propperly. I also ran into problems with the cam, not beeing completely initialized.

The Problem was either that I just deleted the files, or let blackvue software delete it, or the fact that I tried several times... just do the procedure again, maybe with another SD-Card- For tests it can be a smaller one...

(an indication that something was wrong with the config file was, that the iphone app crashed when saving, or took very long to save the modifications....)

The exFAT support was implemented in the custom firmware right from the begining, making it possible to use SDXC cards in DR550, see post No.56

Thanks for helping gap the language barrier DASHCAMDAVE!

The exFAT - FAT32 option is certainly present in the custom web interface - how ever it escapes me as to how to successfully accomplish the formatting within the operation of the camera.

Sequence I followed:

I updated to Custom Firmware 1.1
No problems
While connected in the web interface
I inserted a 64GB SD card.
Clicked the exFAT icon
Seemed to complete - it eventually responded with a dialog box and some "mkexfatfs 1.0.1" message.
Restarted the DVR
Gave me an error message regarding the SDCARD. "PLEASE CHECK THE SD CARD"
And I am unable to connect to the DVR whilst exFat card is inserted.

Any help appreciated...
TIA

Back