Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-HD]

Re: Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-

Whats the temperature of your camera?

Open 192.168.8.1 while wifi is connected to the camera and click on "info". There you can see the temperature.

You mean 15mpbs and not 1.5. (that would be an extremely bad quality)

jsan said:
Formatting SD cards: if you are using a 64GB microSDXC card, make sure you put it in the correct card reader that support the SDXC cards. Don't try to format cards using any other reader, like the one you get with the camera.

I had the same problem. My dashcam started saying "Please check the SD card" I formatted it and inserted it back into the DVR. The DVR said "Initializing SD Card" and it wouldn't go any further.

Then I re-formatted the SD card using the card reader that I got with the MicroSDXC card. and it worked. The camera initialized the card successfully and everything was working fine again.

I always use the reader that I got with blackvue DVR to read files, but remember to format a SDXC card use only SDXC reader and proper formatting utility.
Thanks for info. The card that bricked was a 32 GB Sandisk card. Still not sure what happened. Buying 64 GB card today and will try again. Mac does format in Fat 32 but perhaps it's different flavor? Would hate to have to install Boot Camp Windoze partition just for Blackvue. :eek:

Just ordered Sandisk 64 GB card. Here's Garmin's directions on how to format a SD card on a Mac in Fat 32 for everyone's reference. We'll see if it works.

Mac

To format a microSD/SD card:

Open Spotlight (CMD-SPACE on keyboard)
Type Disk Utility (in Spotlight search box)
Click Disk Utility to open the application
Click the drive to format on the left side of the disk utility
Click the parent of the SD card (it normally has the size in the name)
Click on the Partition Tab
Under the Volume Scheme select "1 Partition". (OS 10.7 Lion this is called Partition Layout)
In the format area, select MS-DOS (FAT)
Click Options
Select MBR (Master Boot Record)
Click OK
In the Name field type a name/title for the SD card (Do not leave the name called "Untitled")
Click Apply to format the card
On occasion some individuals running OS 10.6 may receive an error in the process. If an error occurs:

Click the Erase tab
Select MS_DOS (FAT) from the format drop down
Click Erase
After the erase is complete follow steps 1-13 for formatting the card

I just tested the power consumption while recording a video.

with 12v from a universal charging device (car battery has about 14v) i got values between 0,34 A and 0,4 A.
So lets take 0,38 A.
At 12v this is about 4,5 watt. (would be 5,3 watt at 14v)

Without "real" cooling parts, this is quite a lot.

In the specifications there is written +-300 mA (equals 0,3 A) which is inaccurate.

My old Aiptex X3 was connected via a standard mini usb cable. This means it was on 5v.
I testet (some month ago but found my old comment at amazon) also the X3 power consumption and it was about 0,25 A.
This means that 5v*0,25A= 1,25 Watt which is MUCH LESS than 5 watt.
My old Rollei 110 used 5v, too! It was cooler, too.

So maybe using 5v would eleminate the heat problem.
(Look at other dashcams: most of them are using 5v)

Member "Blackvue", would you please ask one of your technicans/developer why the camera is using 12v?
I think a car adapter which has an output of 5v (like this: car adapter) would solve the problem.
Advantage: you still support 12v and 24v but no more heat problems

Thank Mio for the firmware. Paypal on the way!! :mrgreen:

Just installed the firmware for first time on my cam. I read this entire thread before flashing and all of the enclosed instructions.

The update went just fine the first time. Everything works! Correct timezone, GPS, voices, and the image quality looks amazing.

I will tweak the settings as needed after a few drives in different lighting conditions.

Would you please post a picture and/or video from your camera?
Would be interesting to see the quality of your recordings.

I've managed to remove the lens from my broken FineVu Cr300. Here's a video on it. Not really a bit difference IMO. Sides are clearer but I know the Blackvue has a super wide angle tends to distort a lot more. Not sure...what do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Can anyone who has the link to download the GPS Patched 1.1.1aE firmware please message me? I need it urgently and it seems Mio is not available online.

dashuser said:
Whats the temperature of your camera?

Open 192.168.8.1 while wifi is connected to the camera and click on "info". There you can see the temperature.

You mean 15mpbs and not 1.5. (that would be an extremely bad quality)

hi,
Sorry. What i mean is 15mpbs. Normally, i used this dash cam as surveillance purpose for 9 hour daily. Asia wheather is hot, it might causing this cam easily overheating. Anyway, i will try to change the birate to 12mbps and result. Thx

I don't think that reducing the bitrate would solve your problem.

SumitB said:
Can anyone who has the link to download the GPS Patched 1.1.1aE firmware please message me? I need it urgently and it seems Mio is not available online.

I'm in the same boat... I was out of town and now the dl has expired or been deleted.

Some error found?!

I think I found the reason for my dark videos.

Please have a short look at this video. At min 0:45 I drove into a garage and the video is completely dark!
Whats wrong? Is it the custom firmware or a hardware fault?
Why is the camera not adjusting the brightness?

And here is the video in which I was driving out of the garage. It "saved" the brightness level while starting in the garage.
And then the camera never adjusted it.

Here you can see a video from my old Rollei 110. It's the same garage but auto brightness is working fine.

OK here are a few clips from today. The image appears has captured a lot more detail. However one of the clips shows I was viewing "Live" that did cause the camera to struggle and the video is pretty jerky.

mine got stuck once a while ago with standard firmware, went into an undercover carpark and it was pitch dark, couldn't see a thing for an hour or so then came good again. only ever happened once.

venezian said:
SumitB said:

I'm in the same boat... I was out of town and now the dl has expired or been deleted.

sadly same here, I've messaged Mio but had no reply yet, not sure if my messaging is working, but if Mio can get the message that I too would like the 1.1.1aE upgrade it would be most welcome

well so far all the stuffing around I am doing with settings I have come up with whats good for me

Code:
[version-1.1.1a]
#==========================================================
#                  Custom config file
#==========================================================
# ------ Voice = "KOR/RUS/ENG/FR"
Voice=ENG
# ---------- Play Volume
Volume=70%
# ---------- Priority of the main processes
priority=20
#
##########################################################
#  Set LED's (ON/OFF)
# Wi-Fi LED in normal mode
wfled1=ON
# Wi-Fi LED in parking mode
wfled2=ON
# GPS LED in normal mode
gpsled1=ON
# GPS LED in parking mode
gpsled2=OFF
#
# Set G-sensor value (Low/Normal/High/ST)
# G-sensor in Normal mode
gNormal=ST
# G-sensor in Parking mode
gPark=ST
#
# Set Video parameters
#
# 0 =  standard avserver
# 1 =  via avserver.sh in BlackVue/Config
# 2 =  custom:  AEC/AGG with AWB TI2A
#
Video=2
Size=1080P
Bitrate=15000000
Cabac=Yes
#
###########
#  Auto White Balance (Custom/Normal)
#
# Custom  - custom AWB
# Normal - standard avserver AWB
#
AWB=Custom
#
##########
# AWB Sensor (1...3): from "warm" to "cold"
#
AWBS=2
#
#########
# Daytime Brightness (1....7)
#
AECB=6
#
########
# Auto Expositure Speed (1...4)
#
AGGS=2
#
########
# Night Brightness (1....7)
#
AGGN=3
#
########
# Video special
#
######
# Video Flip & Mirror = (ON/OFF)
#
FM=OFF
#
#
#########################################################
#  Set Wi-Fi Parameters
#########################################################
# Mode:
#
# APS - standard access point
# APC - custom access point
# DIR - direct (P2P) Mode
# STA - station mode
#
Mode=APS
#
#   DHCP Server/client (ON/OFF)
#
DHCP=ON
#-------------------------------------------------------
#
IP=192.168.8.1
MASK=255.255.255.0
GW=192.168.8.1
DNS=192.168.8.1
# MODE=DIR (Direct Mode Parameters)
# P2P mode
#
# 0 = Disable P2P
# 1 = Enable P2P
# 2 = Device will be the P2P client mode
# 3 = Device will be the P2P group owner mode (SoftAP)
#
P2P=1
#
# Mac address of the peer device
MAC=00:11:22:33:44:55
#
# P2P Client Mode
# display - peer P2P device should display its PIN CODE on screen and the user should key-in this code on local device
# keypad - local P2P device should display its PIN CODE on its screen and the user should key-in this code on peer device
# pbc - two P2P device will use the WPS push button for the following WPS procedure
# label - user should read the PIN code from the label of peer P2P device and key-in this PIN CODE on the local P2P device
#
P2PC=label
Brightness=2

Speed Racer said:
OK here are a few clips from today. The image appears has captured a lot more detail. However one of the clips shows I was viewing "Live" that did cause the camera to struggle and the video is pretty jerky.

When viewing "live", the video will record only 20fps instead of 30fps.

Re: Some error found?!

dashuser said:
I think I found the reason for my dark videos.

Please have a short look at this video. At min 0:45 I drove into a garage and the video is completely dark!
Whats wrong? Is it the custom firmware or a hardware fault?
Why is the camera not adjusting the brightness?
And here is the video in which I was driving out of the garage. It "saved" the brightness level while starting in the garage.
And then the camera never adjusted it.

Your first video looks ok, not dark at all before you drive in to the parking, but not sure why it won't auto adjust.
Mine running 1.1.1 and its adjusting no problem

I installed the custom fw yesterday and so far everything is good. I took my time with it and followed the instructions. I changed some settings before I installed it and over the next week I will fine tune it. GPS and time zone worked right away. I ordered a new CPL filter so once I install that I'll upload some images. I have noticed that images are overall sharper, but the license plate reading still sucks, but not a huge concern for me. Overall, the image quality is better than stock and like the added features. Thank you Mio!

Start up time for me is 34 seconds to start recording from off position.

The newest firmware still dont work. It keeps saying.. 'bootloader upgrade not found'

And when its completed, it doesnt startup

Back