Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-HD]

Re: Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-

hi guys,

I just updated the 1.1.1aES from Mio...

I copied the Blackvue folder into my SD card and then proceed to boot up the BlackVue 500 camera for software upgrade...but what I heard is BOOTLOADER NOT UPDATED, KERNAL NOT UPDATED...is this normal?

Other then that, the system upgrade went on smoothly...my question to you guys is, why isnt the BOOTLOADER and KERNAL updated?

alexchoo said:
hi guys,

I just updated the 1.1.1aES from Mio...

I copied the Blackvue folder into my SD card and then proceed to boot up the BlackVue 500 camera for software upgrade...but what I heard is BOOTLOADER NOT UPDATED, KERNAL NOT UPDATED...is this normal?

Other then that, the system upgrade went on smoothly...my question to you guys is, why isnt the BOOTLOADER and KERNAL updated?

Wonderas said:
I have DR500GW-HD_v1.007E(2013_0619) installed on my cam. Tried to instal custom firmware (DR500GW-custom-1.1.1aE) according provided steps in the help files, but got error that firmware version is incorrect.
How can I install custom firmware on top of my old 1.007 version?
Doesn't always take first time. Suggest you try again until it takes or redo steps. Once it updates delete the files in the "System" directory if there are any.

mollydog said:
Pappy , I not sure if you're using the latest Mac viewer from Blackvue, the latest one for the MAc is V1.002

when I first got the Blackvue the software that came with it also placed me 40-45 miles east of my true location in the middle of a field, not even a road. then I downloaded their V1.001 software (got this info from this site) all was well, so have a look and see the version of the viewer you have, as I'm sure what you are experiencing is what I was with V1.00
Thanks Molly. Error wasn't from Blackvue Mac software it was Mio's. He probably based it on the earlier broken version you refer to. ;)

Wonderas said:
I have DR500GW-HD_v1.007E(2013_0619) installed on my cam. Tried to instal custom firmware (DR500GW-custom-1.1.1aE) according provided steps in the help files, but got error that firmware version is incorrect.

Thank you
I think it's time to start reading this thread in full from about page 60, will stop repeated questions.

Wonderas said:

Thank you

You have to revert to 1.005 If you read through the thread it would have told you that

I sent PM to MiO, how do i get the FW?

This thread is very long, is there a single post that says step by step how to do this?

Thanks

con5tant said:
I sent PM to MiO, how do i get the FW?

This thread is very long, is there a single post that says step by step how to do this?

Thanks

Go back 10 pages and read it from there We get sick of reposting all the time when all the info is there

The link is first reply on page 90 and later pages for the forum it is hosted on.

If you read from page 60 as already suggested you will find out what to. This gets asked at least twice week. Its all there just look around

Incidentally Mio is on holiday so wont answer you.

Last edited by a moderator:

would probably be good to have the first post edited with the details or a link to where they can be found

jokiin said:
would probably be good to have the first post edited with the details or a link to where they can be found

The link to the forum with ALL the info is posted a few pages back

Mio may make a sticky when he comes back but new posters SHOULD have a look and not expect the work to be done for them as in reposting information already posted innumerable times

realise it has been posted multiple times but the first post is the most logical place to have the details as it's much easier to refer to than a few pages back, different browser, different device etc means differing amounts of pages people might see

not a fan of stickys on forums as they generally end up living way past their use by date and just making sections longer than they need to be, that's (sticky or editing the post or whatever) something for DashCamMan to decide though

Here are my night time videos. very grainy, but I'm not going to bother unless there's a setting that can fix it. It has a polarized lens attached.

Freeway driving

city driving

Last edited by a moderator:

My DR500gw suddenly kept prompting no sd card and no longer can read the custom fw 1.1.1ae anymore and shut off by itself. Tried format the card and reinstall the fw but no longer can read the fw. Any kind soul can advise pls tks.

TomVue said:
With stock firmware 1.005, I was having problems with the Time. Each time I powered on, it would reset the time to 00:00:00 1/1/1970 (-8 UTC time zone adjustment per config file). I used the TimeSet program, which worked to create the "settime.bin" file and "Updating the Time", but would be lost after a power cycle. Out of frustration, I installed MiO's 1.1.1aE, but am having the same problem! Using the 192.168.8.1 browser, I shut down action, deleted the recorded files, reset the GPS, and reboot. Back to 00:00:00 1/1/1970. I've let it sit in full view of the sky for an hour, no change. The GPS location and speed are recorded correctly (could only verify after using TimeSet on the first boot). I cracked open the case and measured the watch battery: 3.0V

I'm out of ideas. :x I have another unit that functions perfectly, but this one keeps forgetting the time :(

I am also struggling with this issue. Hope to hear from you if you have solved the mystery ?

mail4500 said:
TomVue said:
With stock firmware 1.005, I was having problems with the Time. Each time I powered on, it would reset the time to 00:00:00 1/1/1970 (-8 UTC time zone adjustment per config file). I used the TimeSet program, which worked to create the "settime.bin" file and "Updating the Time", but would be lost after a power cycle. Out of frustration, I installed MiO's 1.1.1aE, but am having the same problem! Using the 192.168.8.1 browser, I shut down action, deleted the recorded files, reset the GPS, and reboot. Back to 00:00:00 1/1/1970. I've let it sit in full view of the sky for an hour, no change. The GPS location and speed are recorded correctly (could only verify after using TimeSet on the first boot). I cracked open the case and measured the watch battery: 3.0V

I'm out of ideas. :x I have another unit that functions perfectly, but this one keeps forgetting the time :(

I am also struggling with this issue. Hope to hear from you if you have solved the mystery ?

Not being rude but was it turned on for the hour it was outside

It sounds like the battery might have the charge but a faulty connection to the m/board

See if you can get voltage at the connections on the M/board rather than at the battery

I havent had to use the timeset program which is actually for a 350 which doesnt have GPS

mail4500 said:
TomVue said:

I also had a problem with the time, but my battery was at 0 volts. I replaced it and it was fine. Make sure the connection between the battery and the PCB board is working. Temporary fix for me was when my battery was dead was this:

1. Log into 192.168.1.8 with a GPS lock.
2. Reset GPS Chip
3. Reboot Camera

Seems like you were doing that already. Try keeping the recorded files there too.

cisf0rcalvin & Hillbilly
thanks for sharing. I will attempt to open the unit and check the battery. But let me order the battery on ebay first. Not going to do it twice :evil:

hi guys
I'm back from vacation
Now I will quietly reply to mail.

Sorry for not having answered

Mio said:
hi guys
I'm back from vacation

Welcome back Mio! Thanks for all your hard work on this.

Mio said:
hi guys
I'm back from vacation

be a few days worth of work there probably.

Back