Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-HD]

Re: Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-

mollydog said:
I too would like the 1.1.1aE upgrade it would be most welcome

Developers of the custom firmware have launched a dedicated forum where everything relevant to the custom firmware will be discussed:
http://car-dvr.info/forum/
There is the Car-DVR – English Speaking Forums on that forum. That is a place where you will be able to find the most recent version of the custom firmware, ask for help, comment, give feedback, and suggestions, etc.

VincentMiata said:
The newest firmware still dont work. It keeps saying.. 'bootloader upgrade not found'

And when its completed, it doesnt startup

The folks that this fw is not working for. How did you go about upgrading? Following instructions is one thing, but how did you do it?

First, did you check the version of the stock fw? if so, was it an up-gradable version to the 1.1.1aE custome fw?

Second, did you format your SD card and did you make sure it was set to FAT32? I used SDformatter 4.0 and formatted it about 4 times in a row just to make sure. Full format was an option for me so it defaulted to quick format.

Third, go into the blackvue folder (from the custom fw) copy the file for your time zone into the "citytime" folder. there should only be one file in there.

Fourth, copy the blackvue folder onto the formatted SD card, eject the card, plug it into the camera, then power it on and sit and wait until you hear the "blackvue is now recording" or what it says when it's recording.

Afterwards, use the notepad++ to edit the config files to your liking. Read the readme files that are included for each .ini file as they are very good at explaining each setting.

Does anyone else have this much grain and noise in their night time videos? The bitrate is 15 in these pictures.

7KwR0PM.jpg

lzuTIWq.jpg

2yKmHuO.jpg

MNoo63s.jpg

jsan said:
Does anyone else have this much grain and noise in their night time videos? The bitrate is 15 in these pictures.

7KwR0PM.jpg

Wow those are horrible.

VincentMiata said:
The newest firmware still dont work. It keeps saying.. 'bootloader upgrade not found'

And when its completed, it doesnt startup
I also facing the same problem. My sd card already in fat32. Must I reformat again? I upgraded from 1.05es.

jsan said:

7KwR0PM.jpg

lzuTIWq.jpg

2yKmHuO.jpg

MNoo63s.jpg

hi,
I have this situation as well due to the dash cam overheating issue. The image noise is gone when you cool down your dash camera for a while and power on again. Am i right?

@gd_low:
If this is true, I will send my camera back. THAT MUCH noise (because heat) is unacceptable. I'm shocked from these pictures.

Maybe you can try for testing:
Activate air conditioning and make it blow up on the windshield. (Dont know how to describe better). The cool air then flows directly into/on the camera.
Due to the cool air the camera must be cool (or not as hot as 'normal') and we can see, if the noise is gone or not.

And another idea:
If the noise is because the heat, then the DR400 must have the same issue at night.
Is this true?

jsan said:

7KwR0PM.jpg

I got about the same quality in night time videos.
Or even more noise, depends on what AWB, brightness i am running. I change these settings combination everyday to test it out.

M-Element said:
jsan said:

7KwR0PM.jpg

I got about the same quality in night time videos.
Or even more noise, depends on what AWB, brightness i am running. I change these settings combination everyday to test it out.

What's the best settings you've found so far for day and night?

I'm guessing the extra noise has to do with the bitrate. The higher the bitrate, the more grain and noise int he video. I just changed the bitrate to 12 and I will test it out tonight. I've always found 12 to be ideal. 15 was too much and anything less than 10 was bad.

Also bit rate of 12 also reduces the file size a bit. But I'll try it out tonight and see.

jsan said:
What's the best settings you've found so far for day and night?

Overall i think default setting works ok for most situations. But i do like Custom AWB more because the color looks more natural for me.
But i also notice when using Custom AWB, even in daytime, the video looks more grainy.
I am trying different brightness level.
Day time default is 5, looks ok. I tried 6, it looks too bright to me. I am going to try 4, and see how it look.
Night time video default is 3, if there is enough street lights and buliding lights, Its ok but noise is still very noticeable. I tried 4, overall look brighter, but some building light will over exposure. I am going to try 2 and see how it look.
I am thinking when i am adjusting the brightness level up, I am just tweaking the software/firmware, like i am adjsuting the ISO on camera. I got more brightness, but i also got more noise.

I think standard is 3 (not 5):

#########
# Daytime Brightness (1....7)
#
AECB=3
#########

Here are some pictures at night:

10d1d65fcpng.png

2f5ed2c1fpng.png

3f14739a3png.png

dashuser said:

#########
#
AECB=3
#########

This direct copy from the folder Mio send to me.

###########
# Auto White Balance (Custom/Normal)
#
# Custom - custom AWB
# Normal - standard avserver AWB
#
AWB=Normal
#
##########
# AWB Sensor (1...3): from "warm" to "cold"
#
AWBS=2
#
#########
#
AECB=5
#
########
# Auto Expositure Speed (1...4)
#
AGGS=2
#
########
# Night Brightness (1....7)
#
AGGN=3

So i understand there is a custom FW of 1.0.5e and 1.0.5es. Does anyone know the differences between the two, i may have missed it in the thread (but i can't see anything to tell me the difference).

Which leads me to another point. On the site mentioned above, they show previous FW as 1.0.5e and there is no mention of "es". The reason I ask is that I am having problems the same as "dj" where it goes through the update (with some files being said as not being found) and then does not boot up anymore (identical to the video posted). So for those that had previous custom FW of 1.0.5es (note i put 'eS') are you the ones having problems with the new 1.1.1ae and those that had 1.0.5e are doing ok?

I was given 1.0.5es from Mio so that is what i had before i attempted to upgrade to the newest and greatest. Now I can revert back from my attempt to upgrade to 1.1.1ae to 1.0.5es, but then my lights do not work (but it records).

Now before anyone says check the card, reformat, use fat32, use this program or that program. I have done all that, I would not waste anyones time before checking all other options that should be obvious.

kwaijhie said:
So i understand there is a custom FW of 1.0.5e and 1.0.5es. Does anyone know the differences between the two, i may have missed it in the thread (but i can't see anything to tell me the difference).

Which leads me to another point. On the site mentioned above, they show previous FW as 1.0.5e and there is no mention of "es". The reason I ask is that I am having problems the same as "dj" where it goes through the update (with some files being said as not being found) and then does not boot up anymore (identical to the video posted). So for those that had previous custom FW of 1.0.5es (note i put 'eS') are you the ones having problems with the new 1.1.1ae and those that had 1.0.5e are doing ok?

I was given 1.0.5es from Mio so that is what i had before i attempted to upgrade to the newest and greatest. Now I can revert back from my attempt to upgrade to 1.1.1ae to 1.0.5es, but then my lights do not work (but it records).

Now before anyone says check the card, reformat, use fat32, use this program or that program. I have done all that, I would not waste anyones time before checking all other options that should be obvious.

So you have 1.1.1aE installed and the recording LEDs don't work?

So when 1.1.1aE is installed, after it "installs" it reboots you hear that nice beautiful chime and the unit shuts down - no lights, no wifi, no nothing, basically the unit is a brick, it cannot turn on to get into recording mode (unless i revert back to 1.0.5es, then in that case see below).

When i revert back to 1.0.5es everything is fine except for no lights on the unit while it is recording (records fine, but no GPS light to indicate the unit is on and running fine).

Same problem here. Mio do you have any advice for us?

M-Element said:
dashuser said:

#########
#
AECB=3
#########

This direct copy from the folder Mio send to me.

###########
#
# Custom - custom AWB
#
AWB=Normal
#
##########
#
AWBS=2
#
#########
#
AECB=5
#
########
#
AGGS=2
#
########
#
AGGN=3

Could you please check this again?

I downloaded the zip file mio sent me. I still have this zip file.

Here I opened the custom config directly from winrar:

103ba0465png.png

Are you sure that yours is AECB=5 and not 3?!
Please check again and make sure.

Please check your messages. I sent you the link to the firmware that Mio sent me.
(I think Mio doesn't want the link to be published.)

Mine is also 5 (In the file that Mio sent)

See Below

[version-1.1.1a]
#==========================================================
# Custom config file
#==========================================================
# ------ Voice = "KOR/RUS/ENG/FR"
Voice=ENG
# ---------- Play Volume
Volume=95%
# ---------- Priority of the main processes
priority=20
#
##########################################################
# Set LED's (ON/OFF)
# Wi-Fi LED in normal mode
wfled1=ON
# Wi-Fi LED in parking mode
wfled2=ON
# GPS LED in normal mode
gpsled1=ON
# GPS LED in parking mode
gpsled2=ON
#
# Set G-sensor value (Low/Normal/High/ST)
# G-sensor in Normal mode
gNormal=ST
# G-sensor in Parking mode
gPark=ST
#
# Set Video parameters
#
# 0 = standard avserver
# 1 = via avserver.sh in BlackVue/Config
# 2 = custom: AEC/AGG with AWB TI2A
#
Video=2
Size=1080P
Bitrate=15000000
Cabac=Yes
#
###########
#
# Custom - custom AWB
#
AWB=Normal
#
##########
#
AWBS=2
#
#########
#
AECB=5
#
########
#
AGGS=2
#
########
#
AGGN=7
#
########
# Video special
#
######
# Video Flip & Mirror = (ON/OFF)
#
FM=OFF
#
#
#########################################################
# Set Wi-Fi Parameters
#########################################################
# Mode:
#
# APS - standard access point
# APC - custom access point
# DIR - direct (P2P) Mode
# STA - station mode
#
Mode=APS
#
# DHCP Server/client (ON/OFF)
#
DHCP=ON
#-------------------------------------------------------
#
IP=192.168.8.1
MASK=255.255.255.0
GW=192.168.8.1
DNS=192.168.8.1
# MODE=DIR (Direct Mode Parameters)
# P2P mode
#
# 0 = Disable P2P
# 1 = Enable P2P
# 2 = Device will be the P2P client mode
# 3 = Device will be the P2P group owner mode (SoftAP)
#
P2P=1
#
# Mac address of the peer device
MAC=00:11:22:33:44:55
#
# P2P Client Mode
# display - peer P2P device should display its PIN CODE on screen and the user should key-in this code on local device
# keypad - local P2P device should display its PIN CODE on its screen and the user should key-in this code on peer device
# pbc - two P2P device will use the WPS push button for the following WPS procedure
# label - user should read the PIN code from the label of peer P2P device and key-in this PIN CODE on the local P2P device
#
P2PC=label

Did you receive the same version as I got?

Mine is 1.1.1aE

That is very strange.
Are there different versions of 1.1.1aE?

Yeap same version 'apparently' but if you look at the top of the file i copied it says 1.1.1a

This is why i outlined the issue i was having as there should be no reason that it works for some and not others and in my case, I'm pretty good about knowing what I am about to do before i update any firmware. So to answer your question, I think there may be more than one out there. If you are saying yours was 3 (when others was 5), then that means that there are more than one FW out there with the same version # attached. It would be interesting to get our hands on the version that is working from someone else perfectly. Even better if they were running 1.0.5ae first and then updated to the latest and greatest.

But your assumption is what I have been leaning towards for a few days now.

Back