Custom iTracker firmware - No sound/bootscreen

thomas_uk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini 0803, Mobius (A lens)
Hi all,

I've been a member of the forum for quite some time, but a first time poster.
I've noticed a few people asking about no sound firmware for the 0803, I used the version that @giddyup69 made, but was based on the old 20140510 firmware and I prefer the iTracker version (seems like they've turned the sharpening down a bit), so I've modified the stock iTracker (20140804) [1 card] firmware with @Tobi@s's A7 tool with the following changes:

- Removed boot/shutdown screen (displays black)
- Removed sounds (boot, shutdown, record confirm beep)
- Changed QtPlayer to RegistratorViewer (v6.0) - is still called "QtPlayer.exe" however, as I could not find where to change that
- 2 versions of the firmware; stock bitrate (15 Mbps) and 18 Mbps version

The iTracker version seems quite dark, so I'm running it on +1.3 EV. Tested on my own cam and all works well

15 Mbps version: https://mega.co.nz/#!k8clyb4K!bzaY-6z8oBLeM-mfbqfgrdEa6N-ptblCYhA-ae2P96U

18 Mbps version: https://mega.co.nz/#!V9NzwRIK!07w1WwFdrViJHIBblea1Df8men-kxRK-e-rJo-AzKZU

Wow. I have to give this a try! If it works, it looks like the perfect firmware.

Kelvin

I have installed the 18 Mbps on my Mini running well 145 MB a minute.
Good rom :)

Wow. I have to give this a try! If it works, it looks like the perfect firmware.

Kelvin
As long as you only use it for your own dashcam(s) everything is alright :)
But I just want to add this (cause you are a retailer):
Commercial distribution of dashcams with firmware modified by A7Tool is prohibited.
Also the firmware thomas modified is from a German retailer ("Adam GmbH") which sells this camera under the "iTracker" brand. They probably get charged extra for their customized iTracker firmware. So it would be a bad idea to use it in other products..

I just wanted to point this out :)

Tobias,
iTracker firmware in your directory can be update on internal card version?

if using any 1 card firmware you'll lose access to the internal card
This
I updated my 2 card version with an iTracker firmware, and while I love it I did loose my internal that I don't use anyhow.
Just be careful because the camera will still record like everything is okay without a card in, but you can not access the footage. So make sure you keep a card in because my camera does not display a card error with no card in, and I could not get the footage off the camera while I was testing.

Commercial distribution of dashcams with firmware modified by A7Tool is prohibited.
I have to give this a try! If it works, it looks like the perfect firmware.

Kelvin, you can request a BlackBoxed.CA firmware according the other brands' setting, but try not to use their firmware directly in the cameras you are selling. Which may cause the customers confuse.
Tobias, you may would like to modify firmwares base on itracker version. (and maybe you don't know the MOTION DETECTION sensitivity is optimized to make it works more practical. and, other slight adjustments.)

Just registered to say thanks for posting this updated firmware. It's exactly what the wife and I were looking for. Do you do requests? :D:D:D

How does the video quality compare for the 15Mbps vs 18Mbps?

I`m gonna to install this firmware, but not clear for me which version to use 15 Mb/s or 18 Mb/s?

How does the video quality compare for the 15Mbps vs 18Mbps?
18 Mb tends to remove a bit of the "JPEG" compression artifacts (when reading number plates) and doesn't use that much more space. Obviously going to 25+ Mbps would be better, but the files are huge!

I`m gonna to install this firmware, but not clear for me which version to use 15 Mb/s or 18 Mb/s?

15Mbps is the standard one where you can chose the quality (Normal, Fine, Super Fine) . 18 is fixed at 18 Mbps. Use whichever you like

If anyone with an 0803 has a few minutes, could they check the following video and let me know if the quality is what can be expected from this camera and firmware :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29202866/AMBA0002.MOV

18Mbps with a Class 6 memory card (will that have an impact)? I saw some footage earlier from the cheaper Mobius 1080p and it was considerably better (IMHO). I'd really appreciate some opinions (as an added incentive for watching the video there's a display of blatant disregard for a red light by a van that was some 4 vehicles behind me).

Thanks in advance, Simon

Thomas 18 MB version is running verry stable on my Mini, best (Rom) i erver had on the Mini :)

Not questioning the stability, just the image quality. I accept it's likely more to be an issue with my camera or memory card than the firmware ....

Hmm - is that something I can fix, or is it a return? I am conscious that I have the camera pointing down quite far, but that's to counter the dark image reported if too much sky is included in the scene.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Falsificator Mini 0803 48
Back