Custom ROM - possible to implement features?

jtb

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi alexsoll,
can you check and explain if you/your team is able to bring some new features to the hacked software (custom software).

I would like to see the following features:

1.) switch off the rear camera indicator light (I know I could use a tape)
2.) "WLAN on" all the time (which you already implemented)
3.) turn the front recording upside down (headfirst), as I have mounted the camera on the right side so I get a wrong stream (there is no way in the different viewers to turn the recording to the correct side)
4.) use the sound on/off touch button to mark the current recordings as an Event >>> sometimes you need to mark the current recordings without having any specific event (e.g. accelerometer events like strong braking, etc.). In this case sound would be –off course– on or off, depending on the setup.
In other dash cams they implemented a specific button for this "manual event", but the 550G-2CH has only one (touch-) button, so we have to misuse this button.

Would it be possible to integrate such features, esp. the last one?

In this case I would be interested in your Custom ROM!

Maybe there are other features which are useful to implement, maybe we can collect and the developer(s) can evaluate what they can do? Please let us know what kind of wishes are existing...

Last edited:
In other dash cams they implemented a specific button for this "manual event", but the 550G-2CH has only one (touch-) button, so we have to misuse this button.

not sure what's possible for these guys but a way to achieve extra functionality can be to have something like different functions relying on different input from the one button, short press, long press, double press etc

Another feature I'd like to see added to the custom firmware is an additional audio message .. something like "warning parking events recorded" if more than one event had been recorded in parking mode (when you enter the car it records an event)

Yes, true if they can implement different action-events like long/shortpress, double tap - that would be enormus helpful ;-)

Back