Cut off by mini van

Well that was a piece of piss poo driving. :rolleyes:

For all of that, the mini van gained two car lengths and slowed down traffic overall to "merge in".

Crossed on a solid line too, which would be illegal in most states and provinces except for Ontario. I almost got hit by a semi yesterday where I was coming from an interchange where the lane continues, not a fade out merge, and the truck wanted to get in the lane as soon as possible seeing an open lane with fewer vehicles which was moving faster. I wish it was illegal here, because on a solid line where there is a merge or zipper lane coming from another road, its possible that one can NOT see traffic in the mirrors due to the angle AND traffic could be moving at a much faster speed. In Ontario, if there was an accident where one crossed a solid line, he or she may be charged at fault for the accident, but not charged for a dangerous lane change if there were NOT an accident.

If you follow that minivan for a while you'll probably notice they do the same type of move, repeatedly, and probably gain very little ground overall. (While endangering everyone else.) I drive in a lot of metro areas where diving onto an on ramp to pass traffic and pretend you are just entering the highway....is really common, and causes traffic stoppages and slowdowns which encourages more 'divers' until traffic comes to a halt, period.

Back