Cutting Mount Down Length Wise

I don't think it's a good idea to cut the mount itself. It will become loose and wobbly.

Just remove a strip of the foam tape where it would touch the line, and take your time sticking it on the glass to be sure it doesn't overlap.

I don't think it's a good idea to cut the mount itself. It will become loose and wobbly.

Just remove a strip of the foam tape where it would touch the line, and take your time sticking it on the glass to be sure it doesn't overlap.

Others have also said that it may be come unstable. There really only needs to be maybe 5mm trimmed off on each edge. or 10mm on one edge. Those 3M stickies are super sticky no? lol

Others have also said that it may be come unstable. There really only needs to be maybe 5mm trimmed off on each edge. or 10mm on one edge. Those 3M stickies are super sticky no? lol
Better to cut a strip out of the middle than off the edge, it will not affect stability if you take it out of the middle, the edges do most of the work.

An alternative is to use another sticky pad, cut that up, carefully stick it between the heater lines, then stick the mount over the top. Using two layers of sticky is normally not a problem and that way it is very easy to miss the heater.

Better to cut a strip out of the middle than off the edge, it will not affect stability if you take it out of the middle, the edges do most of the work.

An alternative is to use another sticky pad, cut that up, carefully stick it between the heater lines, then stick the mount over the top. Using two layers of sticky is normally not a problem and that way it is very easy to miss the heater.

What I meant above was that I would trim the height on one edge (say top) so that you end up with a "shorter" solid block that fits in between the 2 defrost lines.

My rear mio 508 is on a roadhawk mount, I took all the sticky pad off and replaced it with a narrow 3m tape that goes either side of the defrost lines

Was that just slicing the lines, then scraping with a utility knife of some sort?

No need to scrape, sliced portion lifts off easily. Use the tip of the utility knife to get hold of an edge.

No need to scrape, sliced portion lifts off easily. Use the tip of the utility knife to get hold of an edge.
Thank you. Will try that.

Cut it with a single edge razor blade or Exacto knife, the single edge razor blade works best for me.

Back