CW-100 Date/TimeStamp problems

Richard Bond

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having problems with the date/time stamp that is displayed on the videos.

I have formatted as per instructions when installed in the vehicle this results in completely incorrect yyyy/mm/dd and time. I therefore reformatted the SD card again while installed in the vehicle but the same situation occurred. Displaying dates with 2013 and 2031 with random months days and times.

I then performed a Full format of the SD card using my PC which works but only in part. The date which should be 2015/07/16 11:25 shows as 2015/06/15 15:25 ...... and so it goes on.

Tech support from the manufacturer is not existent and I am just about to throw the device away as it would be useless if I needed to use the footage in legal case.

Can anyone help me with this?

on my cf-100, i can set the time/date using the blacksys player - i set it in the config to be about 5 minutes fast, then i bring the sd card to the car and make sure the camera boots up with the sd card. that will set the time/date.

do you have gps connected? if so, give it a minute or two after bootup to get a gps lock. assuming your time zone is set properly, this should also set the time/date in the camera.

Hi, no I don't have GPS connected. I have tried setting the date/time through the device set up but I am still about 25 hours out of sync! I'ts driving me to an early ..... drinking session!!! Anyway, I will see what happens when I try your method. Thanks very much.

what do you mean device setup... in the player software? i don't know if your cw100 uses different software from my cf100... the screenshot on the amazon listing for the cw100 looks similar though, so hopefully i'm not sending you on a wild goose chase with this.

Yes, sorry - the Player software is what I should have said.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K BlackSys / Cammsys 3
Gibson99 BlackSys / Cammsys 8
Back