Cyclist from out of nowhere.

kirby34

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DR650S-1CH
I forgot to post this from 6 months ago. I'm not sure what the cyclist was thinking. Just by coincidence, although it's out of view, there's a hospital directly to the right of where we were. The cyclist got up right away, though his bike was un-rideable.

Hope the pedal pusher learned a lesson here, cuz if he keep up driving like that he will be toast soon.

Here in Denmark at a intersection you can go over under green light, then stop on the corner and then if there are not traffic you are actually allowed to go across under red light and so make a left turn.
And most surprisingly most cyclist don't even know that, here in one of the worlds foremost bicycle nations. :cautious:
Sure it is a stupid law,,,, insane if you ask me, but i don't think thats why cyclists here don't make left turns like that, either they wait on the corner for the light in the other direction to turn green, or they cross over god know how many R turn and strait lanes to the left turn lane, where cyclists have absolutely nothing to do according to Danish traffic code.
Cyclists in the US really have to be careful if you ask me, you guys don't have the culture or for that matter infrastructure like we have over here, so you should be very aware of this when you cycle around.
And not be a suicidal idiot like this guy.

Cyclist probably went through the red and being a large intersection ran the gauntlet. Bad luck for the risk taker that the Truck
blocked both Cars vision of the Cyclist. Hopefully lesson learned.

Edit: Having said that - here in Australia ... you aren't supposed to take off, even when the lights turn green ... until it is safe to do so.
It clearly wasn't ... and seeing their vision was blocked to see any stragglers ... my guess is that the Car that collided with the Cyclist would most likely
be found at fault ... if in Australia, even possibly if the Cyclist was to have been found to have run a red light.
In other words - the Car shouldn't have taken off untill they were sure it was clear.

Last edited:
My nephew was just born in that Kaiser hospital 6 months ago. The Apple spaceship building is behind there, we had a view of it in the hospital room. My uncle used to own a shop across the light to the left.

O yeah forgot to mention, for a trial period starting 2019 self balancing contraptions e - skateboards and so on will be allowed on Danish streets.
I foresee even more havoc on Danish streets. :rolleyes:

Back