D201 clone named iSelector Astro I

BrutoDetestsSB

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hello. I'm looking for information about this dash cam I saw in flash sale on Amazon IT two days ago. It was priced much less than the cost of a D201 so I was wondering if it's a legit clone or no. Anyone purchased it?

- Amazon IT (90 € now, 39 € during the sale)
- Amazon UK (39 £)
- Amazon FR (50 €)

Vendor is "yiderui" and is shipped by Amazon.

I have this camera and the files do not overwrite themselves, so I have to format the 32 Gb SD card every few days.
Do you have this problem? Can I solve it by changing the firmware maybe? Mine is IS-A12a55-G2246Y. Thanks.

I do not remember seeing an option called "looping" so I suppose I have not enabled it. Let me check.

In the Dome, I don't think that's what it is called. Can't remember off the top of my head what they label it in the settings, but there is the option to disable it. ISelector obviously has their own custom firmware too, so not sure if they would have changed the name as well.

There is no option called Looping: Nothing seems to indicate that the function is switchable: There is Split Record Mode but it seems to give the length of the clips, Parking Mode but I cannot imagine how that could be it, ADAS Detect but I suppose it is the line stuff...

I will try to find the manual, but I read it at the time and I did not see that option to be part of it. I supposed it was the default.

I have asked in some amazon websites and some say it depends on the card, others on the length of the clips... Nothing coherent.

Split Record Mode is it. As long as you have a length selected, it should loop.

What card are you using?

I have tried all clip lengths, I just set 1 min which is the only one left to test.
The card is a Class 10, U1, I do not see the brand but I always use known brands so it should be Sandisk or similar.
Thanks for your help. I see you are in New England, I lived one year in West Hartford CT. Saw twice the fall, I am still overwhelmed by the colours I saw...

I have tried all clip lengths, I just set 1 min which is the only one left to test.
The card is a Class 10, U1, I do not see the brand but I always use known brands so it should be Sandisk or similar.
Thanks for your help. I see you are in New England, I lived one year in West Hartford CT. Saw twice the fall, I am still overwhelmed by the colours I saw...
Yeah, leaves are just now starting to fall in my area. I loath leaf pick up!

Your card could be the issue. Also, SanDisk Ultra cards should be avoided in dash cameras. They can cause all kinds of issues.

OK, that could be it. What brands do work normally?
And what class do you recommend, lowering the write speed would allow me to increase the size of the card...

OK, that could be it. What brands do work normally?
And what class do you recommend, lowering the write speed would allow me to increase the size of the card...
Transcend cards are good. The Samsung card in the link below should work good as well, if you can find it in your area. I have been using it in the Dome DAB211 that I've been testing and it's been working great. Good price as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B06XX29S9Q

Sir,

I have installed a Lexar 32Gb MicroSD card I had somewhere and everything is Ok now apparently.

Thanks for your help again.

Back