DAB 205 - Which player?

Numenor

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hi,
I recently bought a DAB205 dashcam (with external GPS antenna), currently loaded with firmware v. ZX-AMF-G-2560Y.
When I playback the video with Datakam Player (v. 6.0.0.8 and 6.0.0.22) or DashCam Viewer (v. 2.5.6), the player can't find any information about speed, bearing and track: it only shows the G-Sensor data and the GPS position (without showing the arrow pointing to the direction the vehicle is moving to).
I'm sure that the speed *IS* recorded by the camera, because it is superimposed on the video; but then, during playback, the speed graph is always set to zero.

Here is a screenshot:
IMG_254.jpg

With my old dashcam (an Ambarella-based cam, named DVR1000HD, bough back in 2012), the Datakam player showed all the info, that were stored in a separate .dat file inside a GPS subfolder:
IMG_255.jpg

Is there anything wrong with my new DAB205? Is the player somewhat incompatible with the DAB205 video format?
I tried a whole lot of different players (including CarDV/BlackView Player, Garmin DashCam Player) but either they don't even start or can't show the speed/bearing/track information.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H AZDOME / Shenzhen Dome / Blackview 10