DAB / Dash Cam interference in Ford Focus Mk 4 Vignale 2019.

Stevep1041

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I recently had a Nextbase 522gw front and rear camera installed at Halfords. It is hardwired into a permanent feed. Unfortunately the rear camera causes the DAB reception to drop out when listening to LBC, my station of choice, in areas where I had uninterrupted reception before.

The fitter at Halfords has rerouted the cable from the roof to the floor on the drivers side, and installed a couple of magnets to reduce interference, but that made it worse! he removed the magnets but it’s now as bad as before. His next suggestion is to reroute the cable down the passenger side. Does anybody else have any experience or ideas, please?
Thanks in advance!

Where is the car DAB aerial ?

Hello Steve,

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having DAB issues.

Unfortunately some radios are far more susceptible to interference than others, especially when the aerial is in-built into the window. Ferrite cores usually help to suppress this, although in rare cases the issue may persist.

I'd recommend:
1) Installing a ferrite core 6" from the Camera on it's cable.
2) Re-routing your wiring away from the current position as it may be routing near the aerial cable.
3) Moving the Camera to different positions on the Window. Some area of the window may be more susceptible to interference than others.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back