DAB Interference | BlackVue 650S 2CH | BMW

TR1PL3D

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

After installing the BlackVue 650S 2CH dash cam, I am getting bad DAB interference.

The car is a 2017 BMW M2 with the shark fin on the roof, which I assume houses the DAB antenna amongst other things.

I have tried the ferrite core trick, started with just two, one on each end of the cable going from front to rear camera. But no change.

So I added a load more here there and everywhere. But again, no change.

Apart from trying the rear camera in a different location and rerouting the cable, is there anything else to try?

The camera is on the latest firmware.

Cheers

Hi there. I just stumbled across this page and wanted to give you my input as I had the exact same issue as you have. Likewise I have the BlackVue DR650s 2 ch and installed this on my 2016 BMW 5 series. The rear camera was initially installed at the top of the glass and I had the same bad dab interefence on some of the radio stations. Being reluctant to reposition the rear camera from top to bottom, I tried using the ferrite core to no avail. So I had no other option but to reposition the rear cam to the bottom, which did solve my problem. It wasn’t an ideal position as the boot lid blocks the bottom half of the camera view but it is just about acceptable for my needs.

It’s been a while since you last posted, but let me know if you have tried any other method since then.

Back