Dad putting young daughter in danger on pushbikes IMO

They were in the correct lane?
Here, the car undertaking them could be in trouble with the law...

Cyclist in the middle of the road, thats not a place you ever want to be on a bicycle.

Well there isn't a cycle path, and it is illegal to cycle on the pedestrian pavement, and I think the left lane is for turning left, so it seems to me that they were in the only correct place and correctly following the law. Not so sure about the BMW.

Right hand lane (In Red) is a bus lane on approach to junction, right turn is for buses & cycles only , inside lane is for straight ahead & left. Although there is a right turn & straight ahead arrow road marking (not seen is clip) in bus lane the latter I think is badly placed as it would put users on a collision path with vehicles from opposite direction.
It seems a dad & daughter would have been better inside lane for straight across.

It would have been better had they chosen a safer place to ride than trying to navigate that intersection ;) From the looks of it, the youngster didn't have the finest of control going yet, and one slight weave the wrong way could have spelled disaster, even if the laws said it was someone else's fault :(

Phil

Back