Damn...Damn....Damn

Thank you for the update file Pier28, much appreciated.
Yesterday afternoon I went out for a while and would you believe it, the parking mode recorded ALL of the 4.5 hours that I was parked up.

Sods law will dictate that if someone bumps the car whilst it is parked up, it will be that time that won't get recorded!

Try to format both cards inside dashcam weekly. If you need newer firmware, let me know.

Thank you Niko, Pier28 has sent me the latest firmware but I'm tempted to leave things as they are. Is there much to be gained from updating?

I think that I will take your advice and format weekly. I asked in an earlier post, what are the current recommendations for cards for the X2? I am still using the Lexar 633x 32gb.

Thank you Niko, Pier28 has sent me the latest firmware but I'm tempted to leave things as they are. Is there much to be gained from updating?

I think that I will take your advice and format weekly. I asked in an earlier post, what are the current recommendations for cards for the X2? I am still using the Lexar 633x 32gb.

regular formatting is a good idea, the 32gb Lexar cards are a good choice, depending how many hours they've done I would probably think about replacing them once they get to a year old, better to change them out sooner rather than later, perhaps earlier if parking mode is something you've used often as it will clock up the run time, memory cards are not like red wine, they don't get better with age ;)

Am just about to order some new cards to be on the safe side. Shall I order Sandisk or Lexar?

Thank you.

This time try Fat32 memory cards, max 32GB. Lexar or Transcend 300x or even better 400x-series. 64GB are exFat and probably may cause some hiccup in X2 if not formatting on regular basis. Its batter to be safe and see how you go with 32GB Fat32 memory cards.

Hi Niko, are 400x series cards better that the 633x that I am using at the moment then?

Both have enough writing speed for X2.
The only difference is Lexar 32GB 633x is MLC type vs Transcend 400x SLC. MLC is supposed to last longer.

Thank you Niko, Lexar it is then.

Thank you Niko, Lexar it is then.
Yeah, 633x Lexar is not cheap, but Lexar 633x 32GB Fat32 is more user friendly for X2 dashcam than exFat 64GB and higher.

Back